Viggen keeps crashing in game both beta 1.5 and alpha 2.0

allen6090

I've been reading all posts concerning the Viggen, bugs, problem, etc. I have verified everything that I have read from other posts, to insure I have everything accounted for the proper install, clean up, repair. But every time I fly the Viggen ( It's the only module I've had problems with ) All my other modules I've never had problems with since I've been with DCS. I am attaching my most recent crash log and such. I have adjusted all of the game settings to the lowest levels as well. I hope this is something that might be figured out due to my trouble shooting skills not being the best. The crashes usually happen approx. 15 to 20 min. in and after I activate the radar T1. It starts to have intermittent freeze spots and lags. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have attached the logs and my Op's system below. Please advise. Thank You.

Op's system: Windows 7 Home Premium version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601, Gigabyte P43T-ES3G X64 based PC Pentium Dual-Core CPU E6800 @ 3.33GHz, 2266 Mhz 2 Cores NVIIDA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X

Edited by allen6090

This is an odd crash, I can't see anything directly in the crashlog unfortunately.

I will bounce this off the team.

I thought this was very odd too. I thought I had followed everything to the letter with my system, install, clean up, install, the whole nine yards but It just baffles me too. Any thing you folks can figure out would help a great deal. I to really would like to enjoy the Viggen at it's proper operating level.

Thanks, again.

• 2 weeks later...

More Bad News! 1.5 Beta Still Crashing for AS37

Here is something in the crash log that is very alarming, when I tried a quick mission " Beach Interdiction". In the log several areas state" Alert - This is a bug! You must be punished" I am very concerned considering that there was nothing you folks believe is causing the crashes! See attached crash log files. Please advise!!

DCS.openbeta-Crash-20170524-050648.zip

00748.001 ALERT   DX11BACKEND: Error: Can't find precompiled shader for effect model/def_material.fx:BINORMAL_SIZE=3;BLEND_MODE=0;DAMAGE_BINORMAL_SIZE=3;DAMAGE_NORMAL_MAP_UV=tc0;DAMAGE_TANGENT_SIZE=3;DAMAGE_UV=tc1;DIFFUSE_UV=tc0;DIRECTX11=true;NORMAL_MAP_UV=tc0;NORMAL_SIZE=3;SPECULAR_COLOR_UV=tc0;SPECULAR_UV=tc0;TANGENT_SIZE=3;TEXCOORD0_SIZE=2;TEXCOORD1_SIZE=2;.
This is a bug! You will be punished! 

Well it does say that in the log for sure.. I am curious tho I ran the Beachead mission numerous times and get no CTD or anything I am able to kill the ships come back to Homeplate..

Have you tried a Repair of your DCS??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Intel Pentium E6800 Wolfdale Dual-Core 3.33 GHz LGA 775 65W BX80571E6800 Desktop Processor. I have uninstalled DCS, three times. I have performed numerous repairs. I have uninstalled the AJS37 Viggen, 5 times with fresh installs. I have deleted saved games and folders and still have the same crashes " DCS.exe , MSVCR120.dll. I have all current Microsoft ++ Video Display firmware. The very odd thing is the Viggen in both 1.5 beta and 2.0 alpha are the only mod's I've ever had any issues with. Please advise.

I have been experiencing the crashes intermittently when I fly any of the quick missions and missions. I have down loaded some of the latest viggen user file missions and had no problems. But, I go and fly one of them again and crash. I will go and save crash log, delete the log, go to DCS_updater.exe cleanup, then DCS_updater.exe repair. I have even turned off my antivirus when ever I try to fly the viggen ( I have never had to do that with any other module ). I have : DCS: A-10C Warthog (download version)

F-15C for DCS World

DCS: Combined Arms

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map

A-10A for DCS World

F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign

F-15C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign

A-10C 16-2 Red Flag Campaign

A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign

A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign

DCS: F-5E Tiger II by Belsimtek

A-10C Operation Piercing Fury Campaign

A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Campaign

F-5E Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers Campaign

DCS: M-2000C by RAZBAM

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Leatherneck Simulations

A-10C Stone Shield Campaign

This is everything that I have installed in to DCS World, DCS World 1.5 Beta, and DCS 2.0 Alpha. I have troubleshoot my entire operating system for performance issues, memory, etc. several times, but have not found anything that would cause the Viggen in either 1.5 beta or 2.0 Alpha to crash. Like I said, I have been with DCS since 2015 and have never encountered any crash issues. Appreciate any direction with this module. Thanks!

( Op's system on first post )

[/url]