My Fishbed lost all controls

Hi,

after flying the "Cold start" mission, my MiG-21 module lost all my control settings. It was yesterday evening. Before this, it was working fine. I did not change the controls for a month. There was no CTD or freeze or something unusual. It happened from one mission to the next one.

I have my control setup saved for all of my modules. I tried to load my custom setup save but it works not. All other modules are working fine.

Any idea ? :ermm:

DCS v.1.5.6.

Sounds like your input file got corrupted or overwritten so the default file is being loaded. The files or at user/Saved Games/DCS/Config/aircraft type/controller type/. Look to see if the file is still there or if there are more than one, if you are selecting the right one. The files have dates that help identify when they were created/modified. If your old file is not there anymore then you will probably need to re-create the profile unless you can find one in a backup or something.

slyfly

The good thing about having DCS 1.5 and 2.0 is that you can copy the config files from one to the other or use one to back up the other. I never completely lost a file before but if I did I would prefer it was the keyboard. I only have one mod since my keyboard does not have a right windows key but I try to avoid changing keyboard inputs because they are so common between different aircraft.

slyfly

Okay, problem fixed.

The Keyboard.diff file dissapeared from there :

"C:\Users\my stuff\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis"

I replaced it with the Su-25 keyboard.diff then i resetted it and wrote over.

The question is why it was dissaperaring ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I don't want to report a bug in case its a fault my end but is anybody else experiencing no stick response in the OpenAlpha 2.1? I have throttle response, I have mapped my Warthog joystick in axis controls settings and checked they are responding, I have even made sure my flight controls are mapped on the keyboard but when in game the stick does not respond to input. Anyone else have this issue?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I suggest you rename your saved games/inputs folder, and see if you regain joystick control. If you do, just delete the joystick file for the MiG-21 out of the renamed folder, and let it over write the current one.

You will of course have to re-map the joystick inputs not set by default, but hopefully you'll at least clear the bug.

I suggest you rename your saved games/inputs folder, and see if you regain joystick control. If you do, just delete the joystick file for the MiG-21 out of the renamed folder, and let it over write the current one.

You will of course have to re-map the joystick inputs not set by default, but hopefully you'll at least clear the bug.

Ok controls are back, strange one thank you..

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV