My Oculus is RMA

Cibit

I just thought I should share this in case other people find themselves in the same boat.

I got my rift as a Christmas present from my wife:thumbup: When I first got it I had problems with random disconnects which had no apparent cause.

Troubleshooting consisted of driver updates including USB 3 drivers for a PCI expansion card.

Incidently I used this and can't praise it highly enough.http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

I also set the USB suspend mode to disabled for all USB devices

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html

The next step was upgrading GPU from a 970GTX to a 1080GTX along with swapping PC's with my son. I gave him my overclocked i7 920 watercooled setup and put all my HHD and SSD's into his machine and vice versa, interestingly after a bit of faffing in the BIOS boot menu I got all my drives up and running including a striped array (which was freakin brilliant) and Jake got all of his counterstrike sh*t running too :doh:

Still the random disconnects although I do have a nice gaming rig. So raise a ticket with Oculus and within a week I have supplied everything they required.

Logs

Proof of Purchase

Copy of oculus compatability tool results

Photos of the serial numbers on the box and on the HMD strap.

I got my RMA today and should have a replacement in 8-12 working days after I get it boxed and returned.

I am posting this as all I had read about oculus returns and bad treatment of customers had me very concerned. I was also worried about them refusing because my PC does not meet minimum requirements. Up to now it has been a most expedient and satisfactory experience.

So if your worried about returning your rift or starting a ticket don't be.

Obviously I am still to see how long it takes to get my new rift and I can't begin to think how rubbish it will be flying in 2d again but I have the Viggen to learn and it will be easier on a monitor whilst checking the manual and running John and Bunyaps tutorials on my tablet:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good to hear, I have the same issue but the disconnects are that infrequent I haven't bothered to RMA, even though their support has offered it to me several times.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

What kind of random disconnects were you guys having?

Just suddenly black screen. LED goes from White to Orange?

Had to replace my RIFT when I got it as well. Noticed the defect in the first 5min and replaced the unit a day later at the retailer.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Black screen with a choice of HDMI disconnected or Sensor (occasionally) disconnected. The errors pop up in windows 10. Sometimes its followed by the last USB device has not been recognised or has ceased to function.

I wish I had a retailer to return it, I got mine via the interweb so now it gets to go to Holland and they then hopefully return me a new one:music_whistling:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Now I need some patience, anyone know where that is kept?

:P

Normandy :D

Hang in there mate....hope you get your replacement soon......

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 1 month later...

I'm also in contact with Oculus support right now.

I had a very similar issue where the Rift would disconnect for brief moments. This is a killer in DCS, since the program won't redetect the Rift, forcing you to close it.

Yesterday the Rift had it's last disconnect.

After I opened the ticket support answered within half an hour. We then shot some emails back and forth every ten minutes doing basic troubleshooting, most of which I had already tried of course.

I sent them screenshots of the errors I'm receiving and they instructed me to extract the log file.

This morning I got an email asking me to send them all the serial numbers and purchase information.

They have acted extremely quickly so far. Everything's pointing to an exchange right now.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat