Force Feedback

Rain
Go to solution Solved by Aries144,

Hello

Just wondering when are you planning to fix force feedback so we can fully enjoy the Tiger.

I got Microsoft FFB, and I can just feel slight very faint force feedback only on roll axis.

The FFB stick stiffens up, once the hydraulic system pressurises, the physical FFB2 centre position changes with trim.

As the

Flight controls are hydraulically actuated by two independent hydraulic systems equipped with artificial feel devices to simulate feel to the pilot.

Artificial feel is built into the system, and electrical trim actuators change the relationship of the feel springs to the control stick.

I'm not sure what is missing/what you're expecting ?

My FFB2 Settings

F-5E-3 (1.5.6.4818 ):

[DCS World]>>[Options] >> [Controls] >> [Layer: F-5E Sim - Axis Commands] :

Top MSFFB2 : Y axis assigned as Pitch - X axis assigned as Roll

>> [FF Tune] :

Swap axis = Checked

Invert X = Checked

Invert Y = Un-Checked

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I got the spring feel on my stick. But I don't feel any shaking while in stall or when pulling g, only when I am rolling really fast. Then I can feel it slighty, its almost non-existant.

Will try your settings to see if it will fix it. Why all this inverts and swaps though?

What you're feeling in the roll axis is the aileron roll limiter. Users of non FFB sticks have to press a button to get the full roll rate, while FFB users just have to push through the bump of extra pressure- just like the real plane. ;)

Why all this inverts and swaps though?

Although Microsoft documented their DX8 ? FFB standard, their own MS FFB2 doesn't follow it.

So ...

• the X force axis maps to the Y analogue axis (pitch) and
  • the Y force axis maps to the X analogue axis (roll)

hence

• swap (force) axis

in Force Feedback Tune.

Pitch trim worked as expected, but I had difficulty with lateral trimming.

I did a ground test with ...

• both engines running and the hydraulic systems charged,
  • the Controls indicator displayed (RCtrl+Enter)

I found that

• when using the hat trimmer
  • when the trimming circle moved LEFT, the physical FFB stick (diamond symbol) moved RIGHT

attachment.php?attachmentid=162076&stc=1&d=1494634951

So I

• inverted the X (force) axis

attachment.php?attachmentid=162077&stc=1&d=1494634951

On the ground - cockpit, Control indicator and physical MS FFB2 stick match up but in the air, I still find myself fighting to trim out an unbalanced load. However I've only owned the F-5 for a few weeks, so am still getting used to her ways.

F-5E_FFB2_SwapAxis_X_normal_Screen_170513_004843.jpg.ccbf3bb128535866337d0a77e0d1c644.jpg

F-5E_FFB2_SwapAxis_X_Inverted_Screen_170513_004925.jpg.97d38b897b71360dcf0ab680d00be9ce.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

A problem you may have discovered is that, with any curve at all set to the X or Y joystick axis, your trimmed center position won't match where your MSFF2 joystick's physical position is. i.e. you could set full UP trim, but your MSFF2 stick won't be all the way rearward like it should be.

It's really bad with helos and using force trim to set the center position. You'll move the stick to a position, hit force trim, then the joystick will want to pull to a slightly different spot.

The only options for now are:

• deal with it as is
  • avoid using any curve
  • make yourself a joystick extension to match the real plane's stick length to avoid the need for curve in the first place.

• 4 years later...

Thanks for this, I just started flying the Tiger now and aborted my take-off when I saw the position of the stick! I checked the settings, set FFB to off center but unfortunately this centers my stick for take-off but then what do I do once I'm airborne and want to neutralize T.O. trim? From what I gather there is no solution... Funny enough, the F-86 Sabre seems to have a trim issue with MS FFB too, it simply never felt right

What about serious crosswinds on take-off or landings??? Hope ED addresses our trim problems for our very much loved MSFFB II!!! Warthog stick is a thousand bucks and comes with tensioners????? No comparison to FFB. I've often wondered HOW it is that you can fly a sim WITHOUT FFB. I am trying non linear adjustment but I may have to forego T.O. trim.

Cheers