Engine "bagpipes" sound

Conroy

Guys, do you plan to provide an "original" sound for this AV8B?

Yes, but they will come late in the development cycle because we need to work with ED. Engine sounds are part of DCS so we cannot incorporate them by ourselves.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask this, I dont know anything about creating a new plane in DCS, but what makes it so hard to add custom engine sounds for the planes, without the help of ED? There are mods that exist that add a more realistic engine sound to some airplanes in DCS, just some .wav that you can drag and drop in the plane sound directory. Why can't this be done for the harrier?

Sorry to ask this, I dont know anything about creating a new plane in DCS, but what makes it so hard to add custom engine sounds for the planes, without the help of ED? There are mods that exist that add a more realistic engine sound to some airplanes in DCS, just some .wav that you can drag and drop in the plane sound directory. Why can't this be done for the harrier?

I guess because they meant creating new sound assets... but yap, just adding accurate sounds for the already existing files should not be very hard.

Take a look at my MODS here

The priblem is notvthe human driven aircraft but the AI ones. ED's policy is thst both AI and Human aircraft must use the same sounds. So a "sounder", which is a sound control program, must be created and appended to the basic DCS code.

We cannot add or modify DCS underlaying code, so we must work with ED. So, we make a request, ED delivers a sounder. We test it and send our observations, ED delivers a nrw one. Repeat until you think the sounds are okay.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."