[REPORTED] Rockets not firing

Xxx

I wasn't sure if this is a bug report or just my ineptitude, so I thought I would ask here.

When Rockets and Bomb is loaded I can not fire the rockets. Bomb will release but no rockets.

When taking off radio menu is available. After take off I can not select the radio menu? Wingman is herd but I cant communicate? This is regardless of whether easy comms is on or off?

There is a "Mirror left glance" RWin+N, but no mirror in the cockpit?

Thanks

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Mixed loadout issue is a confirmed bug I believe. No ETA for the fix so far.

About the radio, make sure You've assigned "push to talk" command rather than "communication" one.

No idea about the mirror. The real plane never had one, so it's probably a command leftover from some other module.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Mixed loadout issue is a confirmed bug I believe. No ETA for the fix so far.

About the radio, make sure You've assigned "push to talk" command rather than "communication" one.

No idea about the mirror. The real plane never had one, so it's probably a command leftover from some other module.

Pity about the mirror! Not that it would help me much, I always get bounced by Mustangs and end up in the silk! But what a great bail out animation!

Aha! That's sorted out the radio commands! Not that my AI wingmen are much use covering my arse!

The mixed load out is a pity, but the cannons make up for the loss of rockets. I am definitely more at home as a Mud Mover in WW2 aircraft, dogfighting in the FW190 escapes my ability.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

The 4x50lb bombs work along with rockets.

You have to drop bombs first. Then pull red handle under dash to jettison rack. Then rockets work.

Many thanks. That's the "Rumflast" handle? I will give it a try. But did they have to jettison the rack every time? I would have thought they would try and keep the racks for the next mission?

I was getting a bit confused. The guide I am reading says the stores rack jettison is not implemented? But perhaps that's just for rocket racks?

""To jettison rocket racks, set the“ABSPRENGSCHA.GERÄT21”switch to EIN(UP)to arm the explosive jettison charges on the rocket racks and press the“Weapon Release”(RALT+SPACE)to jettison them.(NOT CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED)""

Cheers.

Rocket racks jettison not implemented yet.

From what I read in another thread bomb rack needed to be dropped to complete an electrical circuit to the rockets or something like that.

Also hope they fix no unlimited ammo on 4x50lb bombs.

All other weapons that works.

• 7 months later...

Re-confirmed yesterday.

I was able to drop the 4x small bombs, THEN use the rockets.

Was able to drop the large bomb, but the rockets could not be launched.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Rockets and the Bomb Rack for 4x50 share the same electrical circuit, it was for the Dora electrical not possible to use the rockets before the bombs or big bombs with rockets.

„Rumpflast Handle“ jettison the rack and this close mechanical the electrical connection to the rockets. Big bombs use other racks / rails, with only one launch trigger, fire or no fire, but the rockets and 4x50 rack need a option to fire multiple times.

Rockets rack or grenade launcher jettision are not simulatet.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

• 6 months later...

„Rumpflast Handle“ jettison the rack and this close mechanical the electrical connection to the rockets. Big bombs use other racks / rails, with only one launch trigger, fire or no fire, but the rockets and 4x50 rack need a option to fire multiple times.

Rockets rack or grenade launcher jettision are not simulatet.

About this, it would be possible to implement it in the early future?

• 6 months later...

It's been now a year since the Bug with "When ROCKETS and Bomb are loaded, ROCKETS do not fire" has been reported! (also ROCKET EMERGENCY RELEASE does not react)

Why is it taking so long to get fixed?

PS > when ROCKETS are loaded without Bombs, both with ROCKET EMERGENCY RELEASE work fine, so it seems to be a minor Bug that should not be so tough to solve...

I programmed an elaborate mission that depends on both loads where the rescue of ground troops is at stake waiting for salvation. If military maintenance dawdled as slowly as DCS Bug-Support, no wonder Germany lost the war...

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 1 year later...

Well its groundhog day 2021 and My rockets wont fire in the P47 30 or 40 version.  I have not tried using bombs first, but that will be next

Well it ended up being My fault.....    I did not switch the knob that says Single or Auto and now it works fine in the P47-40.

Happy Ground Hog Day and Clear Skies !!!

Edited by ctguy1955

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, StevanJ said:

I thought you have to bomb drop first (be it not ideal), have you dumped the centre pylon and tried?

that was tried as well multitude of times, nothing was able to launch the rockets unless they were the only things loaded onto the aircraft.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, OldFalcon said:

Confirming that I am having the same problem with the rockets.  Won't fire if bombs are loaded as well.

Also if I put the plane on unlimited ammo I can drop the bombs once and then they can not be used.  The guns and canon continue to work.   

Huh... I wonder if this is the issue I was having back during OP flight then; I couldn't figure out what it was because I don't remember the circumstances.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...