Pc fried

Ok tech heads yesterday i brought a 3.0 usb hub with its own power supply plugged everything up then to the mains flicked on 2 usb hub switches for my x56 then i pressed the power button on the pc and nothing happened, tried a mains test with pc nothing, Ok brought a new psu to start same as the last one plugged it all in and left the 3.0 hub out just in case and still nothing although i get a few lights on the mobo thats due to a 15watt power thing anyway still wont turn on im thinking my pc is fried?

• ED Team

is it posting at all? any beeps?

try clearing the CMOS

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

check 24 pin power connector on mainboard.

remove all add on cards and external devices, let it boot w/ just CPU and RAM installed see if Fans will spin up.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Tried what you surgested skate with no luck i checked the 24 pin connecter its all silver so nothing burnt there still no luck tho taking it in to get it tested along with the hub. Ill post the rest when i get it back thanks guys.

Possible the CPU wasnt Seated securely

I know when I Dry Run Mainboards and Cases to test Lights, I do so with no CPU on the mainboard,

Allows Mainboard to power On LEDs etc.

Intel CPUs are touchy when it comes to being moved due to pins being in the mainboard and making contact by pressure. All it takes is the little clamp to be a smidge loose and the chip loses contacts with pins.

There are safety mechanisms on the mainboards now that turn off the CPU if there's an external charge (ie static or external power shorting to the mainboard from external device).

Unplugging for a while tends to drain the circuit and reset.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs