"Pure client is required"

Rabb

All of the sudden, I cannot join multiplayer servers, and I get the message "pure client i required"...

Since this rarely happened during previous years, I started to wonder... What is it this time...

With JSGME, I have enabled Barthek's ground textures, with photorealistic mountain tops (my mod combo), FARP white textures and MiG-21 correct clicks. On my side, I have modded cockpit textures so they don't have mipmaps, reduced visibility settings for Medium, reduced FoV for all aircraft, reduced dreadful, totally unoptimized Gazelle cockpit textures in size and resolution, modified FoV for M2000C, Uh-1H, Gazelle and MiG-21 (using the latest My cockpit option).

And not one of those things should have anything to do with multiplayer and I still cannot join multiplayer servers with "integrity check"... These mods of mine had nothing to do with previous integrity checks and least with any form of cheating. Only with making DCS playable on my PC. And it wasn't an issue till today. So, I wonder, what had changed since yesterday? And do we have a clue what integrity check should cover? I find it utmostly inappropriate for server to decide what FoV should be on my monitor and my plane or helicopter, for example...

Edited by Rabb

When you click the Red shield in the Multiplayer server select it should show you which files are causing you to fail pure client.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Thank you, ChillyWillies. The files are:

mods/aircraft/m-2000c/views.lua

mods/aircraft/mig-21bis/entry/03_views.lua

mods/aircraft/sa342/views.lua

mods/aircraft/uh-1h/views.lua

In those files I modified FoV. I cannot grasp why these files are included in integrity check. They have NOTHING with multiplayer cheating, only with how I see those cockpits on my monitor.

If I were to restore original files, playing any of those would give me more headache than plesaure. Really.

Additionally, I cannot understand why these settings are separate from other aircraft, which are set in Server.lua, View.lua and SnapViews.lua?

There is a bunch of other files, also, distributed between Bazar, Mods and CoreMods folders...

Directory and file structure should be fixed and invariable. Without duplicates and obsolete files and code lines...

FoV settings should not be set by server, but by client only.

Edited by Rabb

The obvious conclusion, since you weren't having trouble until 'suddenly' is that your favorite server/s have changed their security settings, imo. I assume you've tried more than one or two servers? What servers are you trying to join? Need more info

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Maybe they allow you to stick your head out of the cockpit? Or maybe allow you to set zoom so narrow that you can observe aircraft from 100nm away?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

... I cannot understand why these settings are separate from other aircraft, which are set in Server.lua, View.lua and SnapViews.lua?

You can copy the view settings of these aircraft into the Server.lua that you have on your Saved Games folder .. DCS will use those in precedence of the ones set on the aircraft's Views.lua.

Since your edits will be on a file outside the Program Files/DCS it will not impact on the Integrity Check.

See my thread about tuning the 6DOF parameter as an example ... since adjusting the FOV is probably done in a very similar way:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187155

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you, Rudel_chw. :thumbup: I did something similar to most of the planes/helicopters with issues.

To be honest, GGTharos, if those things are possible, I have an impression that that is something developer should limit. Sticking head out of a cockpit of a Spitfire with canopy open would be quite normal, although very dangerous or at least painful at high speeds. It is simulated in some other titles.

Sticking head out through canopy is something that shouldn't be possible, and it should be hard-coded. Never tried 1 degree FoV, but considering how shaky and unusable 30 degree zoom in flight is with my head tracker, I can hardly see that would be of any use.

Server view settings, when hosts weren't tuning them, really killed the joy on flying on some of them during previous years.

So, I have to stick with what I had said, I think view settings shouldn't be governed by servers.

Mmm. Good to know. Yeah, unfortunately on publicly accessible servers you'll always have people trying to abuse the system. Even in the DCS community :/ Only thing I can suggest is joining a clan, they don't have to 'regulate' their servers as heavily, being closed communities

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2