Thanks ED for the Oculus Touch integration!

BaD CrC

I know this is a very early stage but I am surprised ED didn't try to make more noise about it. It is looking really awesome even though one cannot interact with the cockpit yet. Once functional, assuming we get enough accuracy with the touch, but I bet we will because those little things are really impressive, it's gonna make a huge difference in using VR. Can't wait to see where you guys will take this. Thanks again.

The Vive controllers have been showing virtual hands for a while now, so its not surprising the Oculus Touch controllers were integrated. Now I just hope for proper VR gloves that you can use with your HOTAS as well... since now you need to grab the controller to do anything and then leave the hand rolling around the cockpit as you grab your hotas again... and that is UN-immersive

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Ya but lets be honest, mouse is so much easier. Having to find the touch controller, orient it in your hand prooerly, just seems weird. If it works for you, great, but i dont see this being mroe than a "cool" thing. I also remember hearing there was no intention on really doing anything with this, I mean the hands have been in the beta for a long time now... Dunno, seems like a waste of time with all the other things going on, but thats just me (and I play exclusively in VR)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

I wouldn't use the touch controllers with DCS world. I think the mouse works fine, and with voice activated commands, you have everything you need. Touch will be a novelty, but it won't bring more practicality, so I don't see it becoming a big thing.

Kind of like activating the mirrors in A10. And seeing yourself in the mirror. I get a kick out of it every time! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I tested Touch control in FlyInside with P3Dv3 - can't say I can see myself using them again - gaze control a la DCS World, with mouse control from the HOTAS, is far superior.

My aircraft unexpectedly lost power to one engine and I was unwilling to simply drop my Touch to grab the joystick to regain control.

This is why Touch (or wands etc) will not do the job.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2