3D Printed Gimbal

I was looking for a printed gimbal on various sites, and didn't find anything I really liked.

Found something close on YouTube, and used it for inspiration.

The result is a gimbal made for M3 bolts with circular heads, skate bearings, and eventually bolt caps that will house neodymium magnets for use with hall sensors.

014.thumb.jpg.0135f201c79f76846fcc8a5bdce83483.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

Closeup of the gimbal.

It can be floor mounted. or put in a box and the main chassis inverted to bolt to the top of the box. There is a pass-through for the shaft to allow mounting both ways.

015.thumb.jpg.4dcec2e5b8843c52fb2e8f801939b3cc.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

Nice one, looking pretty good. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Where i can order ? Is there how much center dent feel? (Zero center would be best )

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll post the STL files online soon and you can just download them for free. If you know someone with a 3D printer you'll be good to go :)

I didn't put a detente on it. I just wanted a nice, loose feeling stick. I'd add resistance (if needed) using shocks from an RC car. Maybe I'll add a coupler that slides up on to the conduit above the gimbal that can be locked into place and the shocks can attach to it.

Where i can order ? Is there how much center dent feel? (Zero center would be best )

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Inrideo I'm currently playing around with a gimbal out of a Logitech 3D pro click here for the full story and I'm looking at using a dektite as a way to provide some resistance to the gimbal movement.

I don't want any springs just a little resistance to movement kinda like the cyclic felt like in a R44.

http://www.deks.com.au/products/plumbing-roofing/dektite-metal-roof/

Cheers

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Cool :) I still have the rubber dust cover from the T.Flight here somewhere to use.

I think I may end up abandoning my other project, using the EDTracker as the joystick motion sensor. It works great up on the desk, but I think it's losing location accuracy when mounted on the floor. Maybe some neodymium magnets at floor level would give me a bigger field for the magnetometer to read.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]