Saitek X52 Pro SST Programming Software

I have found and read some old posts about this but I am trying to find if anyone ever got the Saitek SST Programming software for the X52 Pro to install and work? I am running Win 7 64 Bit and have not been able to get the programming software to load.

I keep seeing where people are sharing their bindings for different planes but most of them are saying to install the .pro file in the Saitek folder and then the .LUA file if they have it included and I am at a total lose as to what I need to do.

I am new with the X52 and really could use some help in trying to set it up to at least get it usable for the Fc lanes as well as the A10 which I purchased as well as any good or workable binding they may have for the Huey.

I do have the basics down on the Huey and am using a x52 throttle as a collective. I got the plans from Rodger Dodger and made the simple sim mount that he has. I like it so far it is fitting the bill for my use. I did modify it some as to the center mount and added a mount on the left side so I can place my stick there or switch things around if needed.

If possible is there anyone out there who can give a newbie a helping hand in getting some workable simple binding set up. I can follow directions if they are printed in word, excel etc. if sending the .LUA file and instructions on how to load them is a big problem... Thank You For any help you can give me. retired_old_sarge (AT) yahoo.com

I have found and read some old posts about this but I am trying to find if anyone ever got the Saitek SST Programming software for the X52 Pro to install and work? I am running Win 7 64 Bit and have not been able to get the programming software to load.

I have Saitek X52 (not PRO) and with right drivers and software work excellent. It`s a bit problematic in start for many users because windows install one driver and after that user install other driver/software version ...then problems start.

Try to remove all Saitek drivers, folders, etc.. described here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84295&highlight=remove+saitek+drivers

Search form users here good driver and software version that work on Win7 and for your X52PRO and install it after you clean your Win described above. And please be OFFLINE when you go to install driver.

Here are driver and software version that work for me and my X52 (not PRO) and i can`t confirm that they work for your X52PRO. I don`t know, i`m not test it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3062102&postcount=5

I keep seeing where people are sharing their bindings for different planes but most of them are saying to install the .pro file in the Saitek folder and then the .LUA file if they have it included and I am at a total lose as to what I need to do.

Once you have SST installed you can make your own profiles or put some profile in C://Users/Public/Public Documnets/Saitek Profiles and you can use it in system try with right click on joystick icon.

That .lua files are in dcs (in game profiles). Every plane must have his profile for controls. You can make it (maping buttons, axis...) and save. Mainly ppl use only Axis commnads in dcs profile.lua and all other are maped in SST.

I am new with the X52 and really could use some help in trying to set it up to at least get it usable for the Fc lanes as well as the A10 which I purchased as well as any good or workable binding they may have for the Huey.

I do have the basics down on the Huey and am using a x52 throttle as a collective. I got the plans from Rodger Dodger and made the simple sim mount that he has. I like it so far it is fitting the bill for my use. I did modify it some as to the center mount and added a mount on the left side so I can place my stick there or switch things around if needed.

If possible is there anyone out there who can give a newbie a helping hand in getting some workable simple binding set up. I can follow directions if they are printed in word, excel etc. if sending the .LUA file and instructions on how to load them is a big problem... Thank You For any help you can give me. retired_old_sarge (AT) yahoo.com

Here are many people that can help you. Sorry i don`t have HUEY, A-10. I`m sure you will find more help Sir.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Thank you for the advice. I have done that following step by step numerous times and still cannot get the SST software to load. I have even followed the Saitek how to do it and still no success. I can get the Joy Stick settings to show showing my stick and throttle are connected and working but where hte big problem is.. No matter what I have tried and how many times I have went step by step in uninstalling, deleting etc. even in the software manager, and etc. I keep getting the message saying..

The following files did not selfresister or unregister:

1. C:|Program Files (X86)\Saitek\software\SAI3DVIEWER.dll

The Specified module could not be found.

To Continue, click OK; otherwise, Click cancel.

I have clicked it both ways rechecked everything, reloaded everything and still when I try to load the SST Programming software I get the message saying a older version has been found and click to remove it and still nothing helps..

I have went over many posts searching for a solution and have also made sure my system is up to date per Logitech etc. My net frame work is up to date etc.

I think the main thing is getting the SST Programming software to install and work. When I check my programming list it does show for Saiteck Programming Software on my all programs but when I click it to see the files or start it it says (empty).

I have read many posts saying I need this software to be able to use all the different buttons and controls on my X52 Pro. Also I have found many profiles I would like to check and try but they are .pro files and I understand those have to be in the Saitek folder.

I just went threw all the steps again tp uninstall all Saitek drivers and software. I double and triple checked, restarted checked again, even followed anothers recommendations, made sure all my USB drivers, Computer windows is up to date, checked the HID it is ok nothing showing anywhere for Saitek.. I did find a couple of OLD files in my Sys32 folder, I changed permissions and deleted them also.. did all in safe mod, rebooted checked and removed anything that was left.. went threw folders and files double checking, ran a search for Saitek, X52, X52pro, Madcatz and did not find anything..

Then rebooted again disconnected again from the internet, even turned off my virus software, and tried to run the Saitek driver installer again... I instantly got the message that it found a older version on my computer and was removing it.. nothing happened again..

Again I am running Win 7 64 bit. and all updates are current as i went down the list in the HID to verify..

I have followed step by step instructions most are the same from about 6 or 7 different places in Eds forums and even followed the ones where people say it worked for them... I have not got any to work..

I just thought. Is it possible that MSN software is stopping the Saitek software from loading.. If so how do I remove the Microsoft software so i can use Saiteks?

Thank you for the advice. I have done that following step by step numerous times and still cannot get the SST software to load.

I keep getting the message saying..

The following files did not selfresister or unregister:

1. C:|Program Files (X86)\Saitek\software\SAI3DVIEWER.dll

The Specified module could not be found.

To Continue, click OK; otherwise, Click cancel.

Firstly:

1. What versions of SST and Drivers are you using and what OP System.
  2. Disable your antivirus program if you have one temporarily as this may interfere with the software installation.
  3. When installing Drivers, don't have joystick plugged in, until you told to connect it, check in device manager that all devices are installed and working (no yellow explaination marks), especially anything related to you joystick.
  4. There was a version of SST or driver that wasn't digitally signed and would never install correctly as windows doesn't allow unsigned drivers anymore (I'm currently running 7.0.53.6 in windows 8.1 x64).
  5. Always install software by right clicking on the install program and choose to "Run as Administrator".
  6. Last stance, try the step by step resolutions marked here:

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/saitek/configuration-software/sai3dviewer-dll/

Can also help you with some X-52 Pro SST Profiles once you get past this hurdle.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I got it working. I ended up completely doing a system restore to factory settings. Took a while but I made back up copies of all or most of the files I wanted to keep.. completely restored my computer, installed my programs, etc. Took me abut 12 hrs to do it but I now have the SST installed and working.

I discovered that a couple Saitek .dll was not installed as well as the SAI3DVIEWER.dll was missing it would for some reason not install with the software plus there were a couple old old files in the sys 32 file, driver folder from a couple years ago that would not remove or delete because of locked permission.. I those were giving the impression that old version was installed but it cold not be removed by the instillation of the new software..

now I just have to study how to use the SST software and add the ones I was shared that is .pro to make a binding that will work in DCS..

I thank everyone for their assistance here and am looking forward to flying with you.. I am getting the basics down of the Huey and am finding it very much fun to fly.. especially after making a sim rack which holds a old x 52 throttle on it to use like a collector.. I have built the stand using Roger Dodger plans and really like it. I just modified it a little to allow me to be able to leave the x 52 throttle mounted and use the X52 pro throttle for planes.. along with the X52 stick for planes and got a FF2 to use for the Huey and other choppers in the future..

MadDog-IC ... I really appreciate your help and would love to check out and get your X52 Pro SST Profiles especially if you can in as much detail as time will allow you to explain to me also what I need to do with them, where/how to load them. etc..

I am actually new here now with the software and X52 setup.

Again Thank you ALL for the assiatance in this.

I got it working.

MadDog-IC ... I really appreciate your help and would love to check out and get your X52 Pro SST Profiles especially if you can in as much detail as time will allow you to explain to me also what I need to do with them, where/how to load them. etc..

You have done well.

To install my profiles (Some are still WIP):

1. Place all .pro files in this directory: "c:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles"
  2. Run Profiler.exe from saitek suite and when icon is on the windows taskbar, right mouse click the profiler icon and choose the profile you want to use by left mouse clicking on it name, right clicking on a specific profile gives you the option of making that one your default startup choice and or loading it into the editor for modifications.
  3. Because you are going to be using SST mapping joystick buttons to actual keyboard commands to send to DCS, you need to go into DCS own controls section for each aircraft module you are going to use an SST profile for and wipe all default joystick button assignments from the listings, you do that by clicking in a column listed under your joysticks name and then click the "Clear Category" button at top of page.
  4. You can swap your profiles with joystick by holding in the throttle bodies I Key (Clutch) in and using the silver hat on the Joystick to cycle up and down and right to select the profile for use, left for using no profile at all.
  5. You should be right to go now, learn my profile and just run DCS as normal.
  6. (Some of the profiles, you may have to map your fire and weapon button in DCS as for some reason, sending those keys from SST doesn't work)

Regards, Ian.

SmartTechnology Profiles.zip

2020944785_SSTdirectory.thumb.jpg.9c5d9cdb3a81173484fd8c7bcac8f1be.jpg

741112201_DCSControlsconfig.thumb.jpg.1e38b2c98b4b4f722f1cda771700fac9.jpg

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thank You MadDog.. I downloaded and unzipped, put them in the folder you said they go in. I do have the icon on my task bar, when I r click it I do see the profiles listed, under them I see clear profile, clear start up, profile editor, and control panel. That's where I get ost. I opened and started DCS, went to my Controls selected the Huey sim for example, cleared the category under my joy stick there,,, But Then I cant get anything right, I do hold the I key down the light on the silver hat flash's.. but there is nothing showing to move up down or right to click on anything to load it..

I think I am doing everything right but maybe just missing a step somehow. I printed your instructions and going step by step with them.. but cant seem to get it to load anything or select anything..

Thank you for the help..

Thank You MadDog.. I downloaded and unzipped, put them in the folder you said they go in.

I do have the icon on my task bar, when I r click it I do see the profiles listed, under them I see clear profile, clear start up, profile editor, and control panel.

That's where I get lost.

You only have to left mouse click on the profile and it will be loaded, should show its name on your throttle MFD display.

To have that profile load by default you Right mouse click on the profile and select "set as startup profile".

I opened and started DCS, went to my Controls selected the Huey sim for example, cleared the category under my joy stick there,,, But Then I cant get anything right, I do hold the I key down the light on the silver hat flash's.. but there is nothing showing to move up down or right to click on anything to load it..

I think I am doing everything right but maybe just missing a step somehow. I printed your instructions and going step by step with them.. but cant seem to get it to load anything or select anything..

Thank you for the help..

If you have the profiles listed in the profiler, can't understand why you can cycle through them with the joystick.

The flashing button is normal, going up or down with the hat switch should show the profiles name on the Throttle MFD as you cycle through them.

When you have the one you want, you go right with the joystick hat switch to set it.

DCS Tech Support.

I got it figured out.. I don't see the controls listed in DCS but they are being used but threw the SST as the pro file instead of having to use as a LUA file... Thank You... I got it now...

maybe I am doing it wrong but if I open the SST profiler and open it in a file there and then it shows up on the profiler I open DCS and its not showing but I clear things there and it works... I think that's the way I did it anyway.... Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Sorry being a little offtopic here. I recently bought a new x52 Pro and found an issue with X axis.

The axis will go full with half pull of the joystick.

Already tried to move all directions, trying to recalibrate, but issue persists.

Drivers are up to date: 7.0.53.6, using W10 64 bits.

Any of you guys have experienced this?

Thanks!