A way to prevent false voice commands in VR

rtimmons

I had this problem and finally found a good solution. I have always had problems using the voice command sleep mode because I would need to make a command quickly and forget I had the voice commands disabled. If I left the voice commands active I would have false commands triggered and often eject myself. I used the qualifier phrase "Voice Comm" before every command (Voice Comm Radio On, Voice Comm F10, etc,) to prevent misinterpretation and that worked well for background noise but not when I talk in Teamspeak. Apparently my voice triggers false commands very easily when I talk in the mic. So the solution was to enable Teamspeak Push to talk while simultaneously disabling voice commands via push to talk.

The problem is the VAC software does not accept joystick input for the push to disable. It only allows key strokes. I use L-Alt +F5 to disable the VAC. I can use my joystick button 4 to enable Teamspeak so I needed the joystick button 4 to simultaneously send L-Alt +F5. I tried using the Target Gui for this but as soon as I made a new configuration DCS-World saw it a a new joystick and I would need to re-map all my controlls in all my aircraft plus it no longer sent button 4 to Teamspeak so I needed a better solution.

I tried Joytokey and it worked perfectly. It allows you to set the joystick to send pretty much anything while also sending it's original mapping to it's original location. So nothing changed in DCS-World or Teamspeak/Discord but now VAC gets a "Push to disable" while Teamspeak or Discord gets a "Push to talk".

I played online while talking on Discord for hours last night without a single false command being triggered.

Hope this helps anyone else having this problem...I use VAC but when I checked into Voice Attack it seemed to have the same issue of no joystick input. I did not try it though so I am not sure....

slyfly

• Like 1

Ah, smart approach. I have similar issues so will try your tip out. Thanks rtimmons!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Hope this helps anyone else having this problem...I use VAC but when I checked into Voice Attack it seemed to have the same issue of no joystick input. I did not try it though so I am not sure....

slyfly

Voice Attack does indeed have comprehensive joystick input - to the level of Joy2Key and beyond TBH (can program any button push to do anything you like, via complicated programming if reqd). Very useful!

VA has several options for button activation for the purposes of activating the voice recognition. I personally use the thumb switch on my throttle as a push-to-talk button and VA only listens while the button is held down.

VA also has incredible capability with regards to programming functionality, and the only limitation is your imagination it seems. Highly recommended!

Disclaimer! I am not affiliated with Voice Attack in any way shape or form - it just really is pretty epic!

Edited by VampireNZ
Disclaimer

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]