Confirmed armament?

zerO_crash

Some CBU-87/97 would be great to get around the 100s (aka Mk-20) that often don't do damage at all (which is ED's responsibility).

APKWS sounds nice. Reminds me of the laser guided Zunis that are being evaluated which also would be a great addition (I reckon they have to be in actual service first in order to come to DCS). This would make rocket pods the ultimate weapon. Just imagine, if possible, throwing those rockets via CCRP Loft, ballistic just like a MLRS and then some JTAC lasing in that rain of kaboom.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Some CBU-87/97 would be great to get around the 100s (aka Mk-20) that often don't do damage at all (which is ED's responsibility).

With them being USAF weapons, I doubt we'll ever get them for the Harrier - we'll just have to wait for ED to fix the Mk20, which they will likely be doing for the Hornet.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

• 2 months later...
Doesn't the Harrier 2 carry the HARM ? Looking at BMS videos of its employment even without HTS pod we could use the onboard sensor. The Sidearm is nice and all but I'd prefer having a bit more range against the nastier SAM threats out there.

Believe the + variant can, but the n/a variant we have cant carry HARMS

The AV-8B NA is neither authorized nor capable of employing AGM-88 HARMs. I cannot speak for the AV-8B PLUS but I guess it also cannot employ HARMs.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The AV-8B NA is neither authorized nor capable of employing AGM-88 HARMs. I cannot speak for the AV-8B PLUS but I guess it also cannot employ HARMs.

This makes sense and is totally fair. In fact, FWIW there was an AMA with a Harrier pilot recently and he flat or said “The harrier is not used for SEAD”

The SIDEARM is a neat weapon, but I feel like it can be treated literally as such: a self defense weapon against unexpected SAM threats. This is evident by the fact that it’s not extremely effective in eliminating SAM threats entirely.

Now, I’m REALLY interested in getting even better CAS capability. Things like GBU-38s, maybe APKWS is we are lucky (ZEUS PLEASE) and those laser mavs...this thing will be a very nice CAS platform as the development matured. There are much better SEAD capable platforms out there (like the F/A 18c, for example...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rig Specs: i7 8700k @ 5ghz, ROG Strix z390e, 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, EVGA FTW3 1080 ti, Corsair rm750, Cooler Master ml240l RGB, Cooler Master h500p mesh

From my experience the Plus version is not able to use HARMS (till 2001 at least).

The sidearm is already a very effective weapon against radar targets as one can launch two at the target when approaching with bombs/rockets, to force them to stay silent at the moment.

Hopefully we will then see ED to make the SAM systems that are capable for a passive launching to engage aircrafts that has radars turned On (Harrier+, F-18C etc) and as well get tactic to keep radar off until calculated time approach for missile seeker to get active and be far enough to still be guided at target.

That would make harrier anyways more valuable in SEAD missions as it could fly very low, loiter slowly behind terrain masking and then get close with Sidearms to deliver bomb drop.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Zeus, question about the AGM-65 Mavs...

is there a force correlate mode for them in the harrier? I don't know if the harrier irl has this capability. But if it does, it would be a great tool to have for this bird.

the mavs in general are a bit more tedious to use in the harrier compared to A-10C or falcon BMS. For example, ground stabilize in the harrier comes on automatically a second after slewing the tdc, which can throw the crosshairs off a large distance by the time it stabilizes - this mode should be enabled via a key press. And force correlate should be enabled for the mavs that are capable of this.

don't get me wrong, I love this jet and the progress made with it so far. And I have no idea about the actual avionics or weapon capabilities of this jet irl, but these would be nice features to have with this jet.

Regarding the APKWS II rockets, their inclusion depends on how complex is defining laser guided missiles. If too complex, then they won't be included. Otherwise I will add them to the weapons suite.

Zeus, what kind of differences, in terms of coding, between AGM-65E (laser guided) and APKWS II rockets?

Thanks in advance!

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Im thinking an obvious one.

Multiple warheads beeing guided at the same time into a single laser source.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

APKWS aren't fired in multiples, but also, nothing precludes you from doing it for either APK or LMAVs so I can't see that being any different.

That said, there are specific differences in seeker (gimbal vs. DASALS), flight model (loft vs. direct), loss of track logic (loft/safe vs. just loft), and guidance criteria (mandatory LOBL vs. mandatory LOAL) that I imagine complicate things pretty quickly.

Edited by ChickenSim