Great Campaign

TAnker737

Just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful campaign.

You can really tell how much was put into making it.

I hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am.

Would like to see more especially for the Mi-8 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

• ED Team

It is a great campaign, I voiced the command for the English version, it was a lot of fun being part of it :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is a great campaign, I voiced the command for the English version, it was a lot of fun being part of it :)

Hey, a movie star amongst us! ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• ED Team
Hey, a movie star amongst us! ;)

you can also hear sithspawn and skatezilla as well

we will sign autographs if you see us :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This campaign finally brought me out of lurkmode here on the forums and I have to agree. Been thoroughly enjoying it so far (in fact, flying the mission where you build up the new site while typing this, Rotation).

Been delightedly surprised with a non-combat focused campaign and learnt more than a few new things while flying it (doppler navigation, sling loading, even basic flight).

Thanks! Great work! :thumbup:

Edited by doxxan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi doxxan

welcome to the forum, good to hear you are enjoying it :)

I really like the non-combat missions. Very challenging but at the same time very relaxing.

Please make more campaigns like this. I love the quality time I get with MI-8.

Edited by Tello

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i will buy it as soon as i finish the argo campaign. in fact i was going to wait for the black sea map v2 to play this but i don't think that i will be that patient :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Would not mind some sweet COOP missions as well. Could it be done ?

^^ This.

Absolutely adore this campaign, I just love the fact that we don't have to mess around with weaponary for once. I much prefer doing support helo work.

Now if you ever decide to do a medivac or slick campaign for the Huey. That would be a dream come true.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yes a superb campaign, Almost finished and really enjoying it. It's a shame it is almost over.

Belsimteks new look down feature really helps out.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I also finished it last week and im really happy about the fact, that for once you dont have to mess around with weapons, like cowboy mentioned it.

A few suggestions from my side:

The missions are all pretty similar to each other ( pick up, bring, fly back)

for me it would be fun to have bad weather sometimes

(low visibility, storm, rain, snow or all together ^^) Or fly at night

things like that.

Or a mission, where one engine quits for example and you have to fly home with only one engine.

Just a few things, that came in my mind, when i did the campaign.

I hope there will be more campaigns like that. For the Mi8 and the huey

greetings from Switzerland!

• ED Team

Or a mission, where one engine quits for example and you have to fly home with only one engine.

Flight with engine failure is strictly prohibited. Pilot should execute an emergency landing and wait for repair crew.

Did you have an accident in 15th mission?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Are there any briefing Docs included for this campaign? I like to print these out but cant find them.

SD

We try to avoid to make any additional documents for missions. All of information is in the short briefings. It's done to not to overload players with unnecessary information. But you can print the flight maps, they are in mission files in folder Kneeboard\Images.

14186682.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 years of absence I am back to DCS and happy to see the Oilfield campaign for Mi-8. I've just flown mission #1 but I like a lot the concept of civilian flight! I'm surprised there is no more feedback on this campaign! (especially that there is no new campaigns everyday).

Many thanks Laivynas!

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Hello Laivynas,

I'm curious:

How many hours went into the making of the Oilfield campaign?

Do you intend to create other "civilian" campaigns for the Mi-8?

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• ED Team
Hello Laivynas,

I'm curious:

How many hours went into the making of the Oilfield campaign?

Do you intend to create other "civilian" campaigns for the Mi-8?

Hi!

Actually I was not counting. :)

It took a while...

At the moment I'm not working on anything also no clear future plans in this field. Sorry.

Edited by Laivynas

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Two years ago when I started DCS, I could complete the Spring Tension campaign by navigating only through dead reckoning.

I had a hard time but I did it.

Now with the Oilfield campaign, I was forced to learn the Doppler system, NDB navigation, and sling load operations.

So thanks for that :)

At this time, I'm at mission #8 "Rotation".

- Tony -