Capt Zeen Ka-50 Helios profile error when moving to third monitor

Hi all,

First of all let me just give a huge thanks to Capt. Zeen for making these Helios profiles. They are truly awesome, and I cannot play DCS without them now. Capt. Zeen, thank you!

But now that I've installed a third monitor, I'm having some trouble with the Ka-50 profile, so I'm hoping someone can help me or maybe share some experience with similar issues.

I'm using the Capt_Zeen_KA50_v1.0b (for 16:9 users) profile. When opening it, it is intended to have the layout on the second monitor. But I want to put it in the third monitor, so I press "Reset monitors", set Monitor 2 to be Monitor 3 and press Ok. But monitor 3 does not appear in the list of Monitors, and the panels for the layout appear to be gone (running the profile, I cannot see them when clicking the buttons to reveal the various panels).

Xu1DrAc.jpg

Can someone help?

EDIT: Solved by disconnecting my second monitor (so there were only two) then configuring the profile. Connected my third monitor and the profile is working as it should.

Edited by gromit190

hello gromit190

Helios dont manage very well the 3 or more monitors setups.

This is a common problem. but have a solution.

Usually when you convert to 3 monitor setups, Helios do the change, but moves everything to the monitor 2 instead of monitor 3. So....

Open the profile file with notepad++, once you converted, and edit it.

You need to use the replace tool, change all "monitor2" by "monitor 3" on the file ( you can doit all at the same time), and save the profile again.

then con can use it !

• 2 weeks later...
hello gromit190

Helios dont manage very well the 3 or more monitors setups.

This is a common problem. but have a solution.

Usually when you convert to 3 monitor setups, Helios do the change, but moves everything to the monitor 2 instead of monitor 3. So....

Open the profile file with notepad++, once you converted, and edit it.

You need to use the replace tool, change all "monitor2" by "monitor 3" on the file ( you can doit all at the same time), and save the profile again.

then con can use it !

Working now, thanks!