**DCS F-14: ACLS Landing!**

Cobra847

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it's looking really good!

How long until we see the F-14B cockpit model? Cause as I see it is currently using the F-14A internal model (as a placeholder I know) with F-14B external model. Also, can't wait to see it using the VF-103 livery. :)

Edited by Darkbrotherhood7

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn it's looking really good!

How long until we see the F-14B cockpit model? Cause as I see it is currently using the F-14A internal model with F-14B external model. Also, can't wait to see it using the VF-103 livery. :)

Two more weeks.

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

Awesome! Thanks for posting this and giving us a glimpses of what is to come... Very excited here!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Scary landing on a caerier in the fog

surely we will be making lots of practise this .

thanks for this great video

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Why is on-speed AoA indicator shows landing speed with TVV below the nose? I don't think they really land into invisible zone.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

The model shape looks ridiculously good. It's such a big jet we will get a whole lotta module for our money. Love the deck bounce upon landing.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Why is on-speed AoA indicator shows landing speed with TVV below the nose? I don't think they really land into invisible zone.

I'm a pilot myself and this is actually quite common when you sit like you do while not landing :D Just lean forward and/or lift head a bit.

edit: It's of course more important for carrier landings but we have verified that approach alpha and glideslope is correct so i think it's mainly a matter of viewpoint :)

Edited by swither

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

edit: It's of course more important for carrier landings but we have verified that approach alpha and glideslope is correct so i think it's mainly a matter of viewpoint

Approach speed of 146 kts (as seen in the upper right corner) is for GW of 59K lbs. Maximum landing GW - 54K lbs.

Pitch angle is around 8 degrees. If AoA is 15 units and it is linear in the -10..+40 degrees, it means, that real AoA is 15 degrees (raises questions itself, as this is more, than any plane i know). It results in - 7 degree glideslope. It is a lot.

Carrier approach is always visual. You always control the meatball. Even under AP you would control it's operation not to end the flight in the back of the carrier.

PS Frogfoot. Beta testing FM by videos since 2017.:D

Edited by ФрогФут

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Approach speed of 146 kts (as seen in the upper right corner) is for GW of 59K lbs. Maximum landing GW - 54K lbs.

Pitch angle is around 8 degrees. If AoA is 15 units and it is linear in the -10..+40 degrees, it means, that real AoA is 15 degrees (raises questions itself, as this is more, than any plane i know). It results in - 7 degree glideslope. It is a lot.

Carrier approach is always visual. You always control the meatball. Even under AP you would control it's operation not to end the flight in the back of the carrier.

PS Frogfoot. Beta testing FM by videos since 2017.:D

Thing you're missing is that it's not alpha degrees, but units ;)

And yes, approach speed is too high at the moment for the given loadout (hence the WIP tag), performance is still being tuned a lot. But that won't change alpha & glideslope since 15 units of alpha is always used.

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

Thing you're missing is that it's not alpha degrees, but units

-10 +40 degrees = 0..30 units.

As i said, if it's linear, 15 units = 15 degrees. Easy math. But the conversion being linear is still questionable.

But that won't change alpha & glideslope since 15 units of alpha is always used.

Questions about unit-degrees conversion and pilot view are still actual.:)

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

-10 +40 degrees = 0..30 units.

As i said, if it's linear, 15 units = 15 degrees. Easy math.

Questions about unit-degrees conversion and pilot view are still actual.:)

Actually, that would make the problem even worse. Fortunately we have a number of good sources contradicting that conversion (including other NAVAIR manuals for the F14) :P

Edited by swither

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations