Bug? Broken NAV and HUD

Glimmer

2 questions:

1. Do you turn the nav system to BER while rearming?

and

2. Do you input the new airport as the new LS waypoint before taking off?

This specific problem, landing at an alternate airport and nav going dark after takeoff, was resolved by entering the alternate airport code as the starting field. Thanks again.

So I found the bug and it's been fixed. Because of the severity of the issue I am not waiting for the update-cycle of DCS but instead posting a hotfix here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fGndOKHBufa3ZIMGNiRWU1b2M/view?usp=sharing

Download and replace the files in DCS World\mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin

Let me know if this hotfix creates any new problems. Sorry about the bugs!

/ RagnarDa

Well after I installed the Hotfix I am unable to get in the cockpit.. I tried 2 different mission and when the mission started I was at the map screen.

I then reinstalled the old files and was back in the cockpit when the mission started.. not sure what happened but did I do something wrong to be at the map screen after installing the Hotfix??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

So I found the bug and it's been fixed. Because of the severity of the issue I am not waiting for the update-cycle of DCS but instead posting a hotfix here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fGndOKHBufa3ZIMGNiRWU1b2M/view?usp=sharing

Download and replace the files in DCS World\mods\aircraft\AJS37\bin

Let me know if this hotfix creates any new problems. Sorry about the bugs!

/ RagnarDa

Unfortunately I cant join in any Viggen with the hotfix. :}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

After not flying the Viggen for over two weeks, today I couldn't enter a target point with "9"? Also after setting up waypoints "9099", I couldn't step through them before take off? These were the waypoints loaded from cassette, so from the Mission Editor.

After re booting the sim, the bugs were gone? I was using both quick start and cold and dark (my own designs, one was "Mission Not Impossible" available on User Files)

I hope my experience was a one off. Intermittent bugs are a nightmare to fix, when they don't reproduce every time.

Best regards.

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Hey Glim Glam, great to see you finally getting the hang of the Wonderbolt(s)

Haven't been flying DCS at all for some weeks now and I guess this issue will postpone my next flights a bit... but it's absolutely awesome to see the devs' dedication which even brings up a hotfix, now we'll just need another hotfix for the hotfix as it seems rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this bug too, its pretty unplayabe in its current form, will it be fixed on Wednesdays updates?

Thanks

So it looks like this won't be updated/patched today again will have to wait until next week, its very very frustrating to know there is a patch to fix these problems but unable to get it, the aircraft is pretty unuasable in its present form, please release the patch independantly.

Edited by Auntystatic

Same problem for me. :'(

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Ughh this is frustrating seeing my compass locked at 0 degrees...and strangely when I fly it on Blue Flag server it seems to not be locked, but it's about 50 degrees off where it should be from startup rendering the navigation and its related weapon systems completely useless.

When the compass does magically start working (albeit with ~1-3 degrees error in the indicated direction) the last BK90 not firing bug is back again, it seems.

Doesn't work the reference button in the runway? It works for me in 1.5.6. Only if I wait until compass flag is uncage (in the start up) ant then start taxi. The compass is lock until I get the runway and press the reference button.

someone said in another thread that moving the rudder and pressing reference worked for him, but its never worked for me, I'l try doing it on the runway when I get clearance to take off and report back, hopefully it will be patched today but I think thats up to ED

UPDATE: tried the reference button on the runway centre line and the compass unlocked straight away, thank goodness we have a hack as it doesn't look like there will be a 1.5 update today.

Edited by Auntystatic

No one knows when the next patch will be out, its been over 6 weeks since the last one, flew the Viggen on 2.1.1 yesterday and lots of the graphics were glitched out and there are no bloody ships to sink on Nevada anyway, so we just have to wait on ED sending out the next patch

Edited by Auntystatic

We have to be patient. And ED should change his name to TD: Turtle Dynamics.

But we all know The Hare and the Tortoise, de La Fontaine, right? :D

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -