4K Desktop Mirror Tutorial (NVidia/Oculus)

Jabbers_

I have figured out a way to stream VR content in high resolution. Check out last nights stream here

(link takes you to A-10 content, which I find is usually the worst quality in most VR streams... but you can go to other time indexes for some F-15 refueling, P-51 and Spitfire action.)

Aside from the head jittering (typical for VR) this to me looks like a player streaming from a monitor and trackIR. This is 100% not a replay, this was my live stream from last night.

I will post more details soon, setup is a bit tedious and I'm at work right now, however, wanted to leave this here because of the excitement this has generated in myself, I wanted to share with you guys till I can write up a proper tutorial (and I am and will).

EDIT: Here is the tutorial

Edited by Jabbers_
Title

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

That looks really nice indeed! I'm excited as well. Followed you on twitch instantly :)

Lol, not what I was looking for, but thanks! Ya when I get home tonight I hope to put together a hopefully short set of instructions on how to do this, I literally stumbled on this by accident, so need to retrace my exact steps to ensure optimal setup.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

Wow, that is quite remarkable indeed.

Curious what your magic is.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

OK, here it is!

Let me know if you guys have different results, lets figure this out!

Nice ill give it a try when i get off work today!

You mention in the video that you have a 1080 ti and that performance inst really an issue.

Well i happens to have the same card but i feel that with VR and high pixel density its quite rough.

Got any tips for me?

i7 6700k | 16GB DDR4 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 960 EVO | HTC Vive

I mean i didnt notice a difference in changing to 4k, but 1.5 doesnt show much improvement from a 1080GTX to a Ti... so maybe it was just worded wrong. I get 45fps at least, sometimes 20 in areas with large cities or lots of smoke say.. in an A-10. That itself will get better once 1.5 and 2.0 merge.

i just tested this out.

I tested:

Standard

1080 stretched

4k Stretched

No difference in fps for me

BUT i must say, thank you for this. now i can stream in vr :thumbup:

My specs are below

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Yeah, When I Record VR, I Create a 16:9 Window in OBS and Center it Vertically over the desktop window, as the top/bottom will have the lens distortion anyway.

The issue is the actual record resolution on a 1080p screen is prolly 1/4 of that. ie 960x540.

w/ AMD you can enable the Virtual Super Resolution, and windows will assume your screen is 4K 3K etc, the desktop and windows will all be rendered in 4K resolution, but downsized via output scalar to 1080p to your 1080p screen.

For Example, if you enable VSR, Launch DCS in non VR Mode, launch a mission and press print screen, the actual screenshot will be 4K Resolution.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yeah, When I Record VR, I Create a 16:9 Window in OBS and Center it Vertically over the desktop window, as the top/bottom will have the lens distortion anyway.

The issue is the actual record resolution on a 1080p screen is prolly 1/4 of that. ie 960x540.

w/ AMD you can enable the Virtual Super Resolution, and windows will assume your screen is 4K 3K etc, the desktop and windows will all be rendered in 4K resolution, but downsized via output scalar to 1080p to your 1080p screen.

For Example, if you enable VSR, Launch DCS in non VR Mode, launch a mission and press print screen, the actual screenshot will be 4K Resolution.

This is exactly what I did, I was just not aware AMD had this, as I have an nvidia card. The nice thing is I dont have to launch in non-vr mode to take advantage of it. I can record directly from the VR mirror and still get a high res quality image vs 1080. If you have a 4k monitor, I dont believe you can do this because the mirror window will still be in the native resolution (1080x1200 or whatever it is)

Here is an example of screenshots from my stream, 1 from 1080p zoomed in, and the other 4K downsampled to 1080p zoomed in, you can see the difference is pretty noticeable, less jaggies, cleaner text, easier to read, less pixelation http://imgur.com/a/fXcj3

I mean i didnt notice a difference in changing to 4k, but 1.5 doesnt show much improvement from a 1080GTX to a Ti... so maybe it was just worded wrong. I get 45fps at least, sometimes 20 in areas with large cities or lots of smoke say.. in an A-10. That itself will get better once 1.5 and 2.0 merge.

Exactly same for my upgrade. In principle it was no upgrade then

Burnhard

Periferals - HP Reverb - Viper/Warthog grip on VPC WarBRD base - Virpil Mogoos T-50 Throttle - MFG Crosswind rudders - Gametrix KW 908 // HW - 7700k@4.8 - 32GB@3200 - RTX2080TI // DCS Favourites - AJS37 - SA342 - F-16C :thumbup:

Thank you, its now working perfectly :)

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2