Drops Today!

Zimmerdylan

So the Normandy map is suppose to drop at the end of may. Looking at my trusty calendar I see that you cannot get any closer to the end of May than Fri, May 30th.

Would I be correct in assuming that this is the target day for release at this point?:smartass:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be completely incorrect as the 30th of May is a Tuesday. :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I suppose it could be either this or next Friday - assuming of course that any final pre-release bugs have been traced and dealt with.

I sincerely hope it won't be released on Friday 30th May - that could mean several years wait and I am definitely not in favour of that!

AAAhh yes! My calendar likewise has the 30th on a Tuesday. But when I looked at it, it had May and June showing on the same page and I did not see the distinction between the two.

So Friday the 30th falls in June :doh: !

OK....so now we're looking at May 26th as the potential release. Only 9 days away. So much the better.

But unless ED has actually pinpointed that day, I'm not getting too awefully excited yet. All I have ever seen is "the end of May" as the drop date. So I am assuming that this is a kind of sure deal unless something pops up. As I have learned in the past......that's not at all unusual.

:smilewink:

The last date of the month is Wednesday 31st May.

Just saying.

Yes, and ED has released patches on Wednesday, how often?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now that this door has been opened...the first week of June is entirely plausible...Even the most well laid plans go Awry...

always thought of it as a "hope to" anyway. Would not be surprised at all.

But would like to be surprised with an "on time" download.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

6th of June also a Tuesday...but why not.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

When Nevada was released there were a lot of people waiting up all night for it to drop. I remember the forums were buzzing all that Thursday night. I think that I went to bed around 1 A.M. my time that Friday. People literally sat by their computer for 24 hours or more waiting for that map to drop.

When it finally came down, it was just insane. 5, 6 hour download times. I got lucky and logged on right when it dropped and was able to get it in the first few seconds. It only took me an hour or so to download it. I think that it didn't drop till mid morning sometime if I remember correctly. The sim gods were smiling on me that day as I had just signed on after getting home from an appointment.

I'm not sure if there will be more people waiting on this download than NTTR. Vegas was all anyone talked about for quite a while. Although I think the WWII map has been pretty well received, I have to wonder if it will be more popular than Nevada. I hope so. I am honestly very surprised at the lack of enthusiasm I have encountered over the NTTR map. Not to mention the lack of people flying it on line. Hopefully DCS will set up a dedicated server and remedy all of that in the near future.

Edited by Zimmerdylan

Nevada is still OpenAlpha.. Most people fly the stable version, the boring Caucasus map that is, but things are about to change once the big '1.5+2.0=2.5' merger takes place.. cca late May. One can only dream..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Yes, and ED has released patches on Wednesday, how often?
:lol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Nevada is still OpenAlpha.. Most people fly the stable version, the boring Caucasus map that is, but things are about to change once the big '1.5+2.0=2.5' merger takes place.. cca late May. One can only dream..

Have I missed something?

I understood we were getting v2.1 (Normandy map only) late May - the long awaited fully merged 2.5 had yet to have a confirmed release date...

Have I missed something?

I understood we were getting v2.1 (Normandy map only) late May - the long awaited fully merged 2.5 had yet to have a confirmed release date...

Are you born today ? :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I'm fully prepared for another delay. I guess tommorrow's newsletter will give us some info.

Hopefully :)

Are you born today ? :D

I don't think so. Unless there has been some big news the plan since quite long is that 2.5 is not the Normandy release. First the Normandy release on 2.x brunch (now named as 2.1). Second, upgrading the Caucasus map. Third the merge of 1.5.x and 2.x.x into 2.5.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I don't think so. Unless there has been some big news the plan since quite long is that 2.5 is not the Normandy release. First the Normandy release on 2.x brunch (now named as 2.1). Second, upgrading the Caucasus map. Third the merge of 1.5.x and 2.x.x into 2.5.

2.5 in two weeks :music_whistling:

Did someone mention brunch? I was getting a little peckish!

:music_whistling:

My hunch is that the crowd funders would be given a whole 28 days of early access before we mere pre-purchasers see Normandy. I therefore wouldn't be at all surprised if this Friday is used to announce it's launch (should that be lunch?) the following Friday (that's 26th May according to my calendar).

Unless of course there is a deep depression crossing the Atlantic bringing severe storms (they'll look great on the new sea surface) which will of course delay the invasion fleet from sailing until the next high tide that coincides with a full moon. Any later and we may have to abandon the 3rd front until the following spring, and that would be a disaster!