Drops Today!

Zimmerdylan

The Normandy terrain when unpacked is around 9.4 GB

Thanks for that info Bignewy,I was wondering what the impact would be on one's hardrive,any chance you know what the WWII asset pack will be too ?

I'm interested as I've got about 32 Gb left on my C Drive before I include Normandy and the WWII asset pack.Looks like I'll be ok,of course,once we get the merge with 1.5 and 2.1 into 2.5 I'll be able to breathe out again,lol

Thanks old chap .

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Thanks for that info Bignewy,I was wondering what the impact would be on one's hardrive,any chance you know what the WWII asset pack will be too ?

I'm interested as I've got about 32 Gb left on my C Drive before I include Normandy and the WWII asset pack.Looks like I'll be ok,of course,once we get the merge with 1.5 and 2.1 into 2.5 I'll be able to breathe out again,lol

Thanks old chap .

Asset pack is around 2.2gb unpacked

this is an update for the open alpha so there will be other changes to factor in also when considering space

Will we get the same version as the backers got, or is it newer?

Not the same build as the backers, that was a special one only for them. This will be an update to the open alpha

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the swift reply BN,appreciated buddy.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Thank you much BigNewy for that info. I was really sweating if my ssd had enough space, as I've got about 25 gig left and still have have 30 free gigs. I have 56 gig total free so im good to go.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Thanks for the swift reply BN,appreciated buddy.

Thank you much BigNewy for that info. I was really sweating if my ssd had enough space, as I've got about 25 gig left and still have have 30 free gigs. I have 56 gig total free so im good to go.

No problem,

I am looking forward to you guys all getting to try it, I know it will be a lot of fun :)

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not the same build as the backers, that was a special one only for them. This will be an update to the open alpha

That was not what I meant. Did the team enhance, update, bug fix the map in the meantime and do we get those at the end of the week?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• ED Team
That was not what I meant. Did the team enhance, update, bug fix the map in the meantime and do we get those at the end of the week?

Any changes the team have made to the terrain that are ready will be in the update on the 26th

we are already testing new versions internally

So, if I don't have 2.0 installed I can prepare for the release by:

- installing 2.0

- configure the settings

- copy the control input profiles from 1.5 (what is the location, again?)

- copy the liveries folder? (like, the whole thing?)

Thanks!

Yes

Yes

Yes (C:User/XY/Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input

You only need to copy the liveries folder of user skins. (I use OvGME, so I only need one modfolder and can activate them on different DCS Versions)

Little headsup for german liveries:

If you create a mission with the WWII preset from the editor, some countries get renamed.

Germany -> Third Reich. This affects all user skins. You have to edit all description.lua of german liveries:

countries = {"GER, NZG"}

Then you can use all your user skins with the WWII preset.

What time do they normally release their products, assume preorder will only last until it's release and trying to get several people to buy in to fly with but they will wait to last minute. Will they still be able to preorder on Friday morning?

Friday I'm In Love

Tribute to the upcoming Normandy release :)

(Maybe a little OT and better suited for the music thread. But well, you gotta bend the rules a bit from time to time :P)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

What time do they normally release their products, assume preorder will only last until it's release and trying to get several people to buy in to fly with but they will wait to last minute. Will they still be able to preorder on Friday morning?

Boy....That's hard to say. I live in Arizona and usually drops happen between 10 and 11 A.M. on Fridays here.

I could not say if they'll have the 20% off up to the release time. I am guessing that as soon as the news letter is released, the sale is off.

That's just an educated guess so don't hold me to it.

Do you think it's a good idea to do a fresh install of 2.0 just to clean everything up before Friday?

it has been running rather slow in VR lately for me.

Edited by Kayos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you think it's a good idea to do a fresh install of 2.0 just to clean everything up before Friday?

it has been running rather slow in VR lately for me.

I think that only you can be the judge of that given that you are more familiar with your computer's condition than any one of us. But under normal conditions.....I would say probably not, or that it's personal preference.

Too bad we couldn't preload. That would allow slow internet connections to get a head start and allow more to seed it later. Just a thought.......

That presumes that it is already finished and ready for distribution.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow....That's it?

It's not phototextures, so it shouldn't take as much space as NTTR.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro