Drops Today!

Zimmerdylan

It's not phototextures, so it shouldn't take as much space as NTTR.

I hope that this translates into a good / light interface for multiplayer.

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the latest hype train thread ? Can I get on now ?

Two more sleeps:joystick:

(Sounds of a train whistle heard in the background) All aboard! :captain:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

(Sounds of a train whistle heard in the background) All aboard! :captain:

:pilotfly:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Going to spend a lot of time in Normandy. Very nice to see where DCS is headed in terms of visual quality and map details. Wow!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I used to have my perso kneeboard pages in

F:\savedgame2016\DCS.openalpha\kneeboard

so will I have my perso added Nellis Approach charts SID STAR in Normandy also ? ;-(

any idea ?

maybe using DCS_World_2\Mods\terrains\Nevada\Kneeboard with JSGME ?

but does it still work with specific aircraft kneeboad page insides ?

also for liveries

I use for added and perso skins

F:\savedgame2016\DCS.openalpha\Liveries

any Ideas for specific WWII - Normandy skins ?

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Is this the latest hype train thread ? Can I get on now ?

Sure can mate, standing room only though I'm afraid and the buffet car is sold out of beer!......move to the back there please....make room.

Ready to get shot down in multiplayer over collidable trees! Since that is about all that happens to me lol....

Well, look on the bright side. When you bail out over Normandy you will have a stunning view on the way down. :D

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

How come you have polish paintings on your Spitfire ? :D

No reason really other than it was the best sig pic I could find of a Spitfire IX at the time. It's from 306 (Polish) Squadron I believe.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Is it really happening?

w6yRN.gif

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

If you are a backer and already have the serial number, what will be the procedure for downloading the Normandy map? Where on the DCS site do you "click" to download? Products/terrains? E-shop/terrains?

Start DCS and go to module manager and you should be prompted to download and install.

Start DCS and go to module manager and you should be prompted to download and install.

Does this apply to $40 backers? Also have my keys but this didnt work for me. Looks like I have to wait some more hours

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Does this apply to $40 backers? Also have my keys but this didnt work for me. Looks like I have to wait some more hours

Unless you have a key marked Alpha Access there is nothing to download yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is that the hype train I hear? :lol::lol::lol:

choookachuggachoookachugga whoooowhoooo chookachuggachookachugga

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah so what's the backing level you need to get the map today, I'm in for $87 silver level, is that enough?

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

So when NTTR dropped, there were a lot of people who sat by their computers and waited for midnight where ever they were thinking that the map would auto drop or something.

Just an FYI for new folks. It's doesn't work that way. At least it has never in the past. From experience I know that drops are pretty consistent with their times.

Everything drops for me at between 10 - 11 A.M. mountain time United States. Whatever time that is in other parts of the world is beyond me but it seems to be the time in this area when things drop globally. So otherwise if it drops at Friday, 10:30 A.M. here, it drops Friday at 1:30 P.M. in New York.

So if you are thinking of waiting up all night till midnight.......I cannot say 100% that you are wasting your time. But from every other important drop I have ever seen. It isn't going to happen. So get your rest folks, your gonna need it for long download times and lots of exploring.

Good night!

Edited by Zimmerdylan

If so than it means that with my slow internet connection I wont be able to play tonight. I was hoping that someone would let downloads start earlier, when for example most Europeans like me work, but I guess its not going to be that way.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Ummm, I see a lot of people talking about backing on kickstarter or whatever. If I bought the map+assets in the sale from ED last month, am I still elegible to download tonight, or is this only for the kickstarter crew???

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro