Dynamic Mission Concept Video Series

Myself and another YouTuber (CheckSix) had this idea for a more dynamic mission in DCS World. So rather than having a specific sortie set up with flight plan etc, we would be given a general goal such as taking a number of heavily defended positions, or an offensive with the goal of pushing as far into their lines as possible.

We are given a number of different resources and assets that we can use to achieve this goal, and how we would going about doing that would be up to us. So one would be flying multiple sorties in a variety of aircraft, along with controlling ground units over a 3 or 4 hour mission.

Mainly this concept is for those who enjoy the planning phases of the game as much as the actual flying. Starting out with recon using either ground vehicles or aircraft to get intel on enemy positions, while marking out certain targets for air attack that can then be programmed into aircraft like the Viggen and KA-50.

Then we go forward with ground attacks, responding to incoming fighters and bombers, advancing using ground forces with CAS etc.

We found this concept really needs 3 or 4 people to be completely effective, rather than two. So if you're interested in joining us, feel free to add me on Steam or discord (CzarPeppers). Nevertheless, we had a lot of fun and did manage to push forward and take some enemy positions.

You can watch the first installment of this mini-series based on the first dynamic mission I made here:

Although this first video is mainly our recon and SEAD efforts, there are some pretty exciting moment.

The following installments will be uploaded over the next few weeks. If any of you express interest in them I will post links to the next installments in this thread. Or, you know, just subscribe to my channel ;)

Also, please feel free to give any suggestion as to how I could improve this dynamic mission idea.