Easy Avionics...

PreacherMan

I usually ask this once a year or so, but are there plans to port the A-10C's simplified avionics over to the FC3 aircraft? They're head and shoulders above the native simplified avionics in FC3, especially the American aircraft.

And before you flame me with, "learn to fly hardcore or delete your install, you mortal being", I've got a wife, two kids, and a full-time job. I don't have that kind of time to devote to learning systems.

Somehow I have a feeling the only development work put into FC3 aircraft will be to turn them into ASM/PFM modules. Maybe that will mean a simplified option too, but nothing has been mooted about that as yet.

An alternative might be to fly the less complex stuff like the F-86 and MiG-15Bis or WW2 modules? They have much more basic systems, so they're a lot quicker to get to grips with. The only real obstacle would be the flight modelling of the tail draggers, which are a handful to say the least.

Or learn it bit by bit. If you posted this a year ago already, you could have learned most of the A10 by now, only having an hour here and there.

The OP isn't about flying the A-10 but about flying FC3 aircraft with better avionics implementation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The more you learn the simpler it will be. I can write you a short cut guide that will simplify the a10c if you wish that can get you rounds on target, if that what your goal is. I will say that w/ the HOTAS Warthog joystick/th will eliminate 90% of your workload, if you don't it.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.