MiG-19P May Development Update

OverStratos

Good morning/evening/night everybody,

As you may know, we have been working to bring the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19 fighter aircraft to DCS World.

We have been spending the time since the announcement doing the 3D work, manuals search, translation and data compilation from meetings with pilots and measurement of real aircraft. It is necessary to mention that hard data about this aircraft has been very difficult to find, but since then we have been able to get a very clear picture of aircraft operation, systems and performance. We have good documentation now, including some rare manuals, but if some of you have something that you think may be important, feel free to PM me.

I would like to thank Foxbat155 and Vincent90 for the quite valuable help that they have provided.

The MiG-19P:

The MiG-19P, which entered service in 1956, was the Soviet Union first all-weather supersonic interceptor. It was designed to take care of bombers, strike and reconnaissance aircraft in any type of weather, including inside clouds and at night. As a development of the MiG-19S day fighter, it shares many parts and systems with it, but as a consequence of the weight increase because of the installation of an interception radar and the related avionics the performance was degraded, like top speed and rate of climb, among others. However, because of the incorporation of some modifications, the MiG-19P had a much better handling at his operational ceiling than the S variant. Is very interesting to know that among the fighter aircraft in service then, the MiG-19 showed very good performance characteristics, some of them better than the first variant of the MiG-21, the F-13.

The subject of our work are the late series MiG-19Ps, with the following characteristics:

- RP-5 Radar instead of early RP-1, with increased search and lock range.

- Two NR-30 cannons instead of two NR-23.

- Possibility to mount two R-3S air to air missiles.

We have been taking very seriously also the performance of the available armament, here you can see an example of one of the graphs that show the launch zone of the R-3S missile:

wUpv9vg.jpg

Here you have the available armament:

nsyprPX.jpg

The ORO-57K rocket pod was able to use the ARS-57, ARS-57M and OARS-57 rockets, known later as the S-5.

We have been debating the probability to also make a MiG-19S, but nothing is concrete yet.

All this pictures are work in progress and do not represent a final product. Also check: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3142047&postcount=15

ZYVcMpm.png

yrA5Eho.png

XRUucRS.png

0GSCXWS.png

vEpL3B3.png

fsfEucF.jpg

gipF0Vz.jpg

Edited by OverStratos
  • Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, keep it up.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

This will be an excellent addition to the stable. Perfect to combat aircraft like the F-5 already released, as well as the Mirage IIICJ in development, while being passable against the MiG-21Bis in weapon restricted environments. I'm very much looking forward to this module moreso than most.

• ED Team

Just in case, the root aerofoil section.

gs_mig-19p_039.jpg

Walkaround

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/mig/mig-19p/?C=M;O=A

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

This will be an excellent addition to the stable. Perfect to combat aircraft like the F-5 already released, as well as the Mirage IIICJ in development, while being passable against the MiG-21Bis in weapon restricted environments. I'm very much looking forward to this module moreso than most.

mig-19p will be downright deadly in 3rdgen arena and absolutely viable in the right hands even against 4th generation. to be able to have a bubble canopy in a turnier fishbed is an eagle slayer's wet dream.

• Like 1

• ED Team
Yes, that has been noticed and is almost fixed by now. Thanks for the walkaround, but I have an example here I can visit at any time.:)

Well.

In this case we all can hope to the maximum accuracy!

:thumbup:

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Well.

In this case we all can hope to the maximum accuracy!

Well, at least the maximum accurancy available to humans.:D

Anyhow, if you spot any other discrepancy, please warn me, be here or by PM. It helps to reach that maximum acurrancy goal.

Edited by OverStratos