Is ASUS GPUTweakII RemoveTool V1.0.0.9 Safe to Use

I have GPUTweak2_Ver1.4.5.2 (latest) installed as part of install of my ASUS GeForce GTX1060 STRIX OC 6GB graphic card and am wondering is it safe to use ASUS GPUTweakII RemoveTool V1.0.0.9 (Latest) to uninstall GPU Tweak2.

At the following website:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82793-SEVERE-quot-asus-gpu-tweakII-removal-tool-quot-(format-like)-BUG

It is described as a real headache and uninstalls and wipes things it should not. However this forum thread is out of date by about 8 months. Removal tool versions discussed at site are older than latest version and is hard for me to get a clear answer about how safe the GPUTweakII RemoveTool V1.0.0.9 (Latest) is to use.

Wanting to know is it safe to use and also is it better to simply uninstall GPUTweak2 using Control Panel Items\Programs and Features?? Hope someone can please give me some clarity on this.

Thankyou...Gary

DONT use it, I read that article as well from your post.

Use the standard procedure and all should be fine.

http://www.macecraft.com will also allow you a 60-day trial of their software if you need to "pull it out with roots and reg-garbage".

Oh man, that is a disaster

QUOTE FROM ASUS ROG FORUM:

Tweak Removal Tool Has Been Removed For All Asus Down Load Links. Because of our Deleted C:/ Drive .

The users Above chrsplmr and Chino were very helpful , they have inside contacts at Asus , wish I was a smart cookie like those 2 .. he he

I noticed a line In removal tool uninstaller , "remove all" hmmm

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X