BLU-107/B Durandal

DaveRindner

Isn't it more or less the same weapon ? What are the differences ?

It is the same kind of thing, rocket-assisted runway penetration. I think BAP-100 is 100kg each, Durandal is 200kg, both are French designs. The same but not the same (not identical, at any rate).

@Lemoen Thanks, learned something new :)

@The_Tau The problem isn't the runway damage, it's the way the bomb works. as said above the BAP-100 are rocket assisted perpetrators : 18 bombs are released with short delay, they deploy chute and when they point to the ground the rocket motor burn, cuts the chute, the bomb penetrate the runway and then explode.

Nothing like this exist in DCS and since it's a weapon the way it function have to be in the core of DCS that RB does not have access to. That is why ED have to do the bomb model first ;).

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

@Lemoen Thanks, learned something new :)

@The_Tau The problem isn't the runway damage, it's the way the bomb works. as said above the BAP-100 are rocket assisted perpetrators : 8 (?) bombs are released with short delay, they deploy chute and when they point to the ground the rocket motor burn, cuts the chute, the bomb penetrate the runway and then explode.

Nothing like this exist in DCS and since it's a weapon the way it function have to be in the core of DCS that RB does not have access to. That is why ED have to do the bomb model first ;).

You can carry 18 BAP-100 on the same rack.

In fact only the first 6 are attached to the rack. The following bombs are attached to each other.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It is the same kind of thing, rocket-assisted runway penetration. I think BAP-100 is 100kg each, Durandal is 200kg, both are French designs. The same but not the same (not identical, at any rate).

The "100" of BAP-100 is the rocket's diameter = 100mm.

The weight of each one is around 32kg.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

RB is waiting for ED to create the bomb type template, currently it is impossible to realistically create this type of bomb in DCS. The BK-90 of the viggen have the same problem but HB implemented a placeholder mechanic that "work".

The MiG-21bis has a parachute-retarded rocket-powered anti-runway weapon (BetAB-500ShP). In what way is the BetAB-500ShP not a perfect template for the Durandal?

@The_Tau The problem isn't the runway damage, it's the way the bomb works. as said above the BAP-100 are rocket assisted perpetrators : 18 bombs are released with short delay, they deploy chute and when they point to the ground the rocket motor burn, cuts the chute, the bomb penetrate the runway and then explode.

Well idk. Whats the point of antirunway bomb if most popular planes will not be affected by it anyway?

The MiG-21bis has a parachute-retarded rocket-powered anti-runway weapon (BetAB-500ShP). In what way is the BetAB-500ShP not a perfect template for the Durandal?

My point exactly!.. add the eastern block FC3 planes to this aircraft list as well. So someone explain how the BAP-100 or even Durandal are any different in mechanics from these bombs. Also, they [betAB] have been patched lately as well, clearly showing the parachute phase and rocket phase. the only issue with them is the Horrible dispersion pattern they take, but they work.

Someone said this "type" of bomb doesn't exist in DCS and that they are waiting for ED to make one... So... "things to make you go Hmmmmmm..."

We need the runway damage to be modeled in some way too. In a way that will make it really dangerous to try and take off in MP. Damaging a runway already stops AI from attempting it but humans are more foolhardy and don't care as long as the plane gets airborne.

We need the runway damage to be modeled in some way too. In a way that will make it really dangerous to try and take off in MP. Damaging a runway already stops AI from attempting it but humans are more foolhardy and don't care as long as the plane gets airborne.

Well I did some tests and it is modeled for M2k (maybe for all full fidelity planes?). I bombed airfield with MK 82 and GBU 24 with delayed fuses and when I tried to land my M2k I "fall" into those craters destroying my gear. But F-15 (all Flaming Cliffs planes?) just hover over those holes, so unless its model is changed by ED then BAP100 efficiency is decreased greatly as most popular planes are not affected