Making the transition from Steam DCS to Stand-alone versions

Hello wonderful DCS community, by the time I get home in a few weeks the Normandy map should be live, and that along with the new policy regarding Steam keys for future releases it's time to say goodbye to DCS world on Steam. Does anyone have any advice or tips for making this as easy and painless as possible? Luckily, I have no game saves, missions or mods to keep except I'd like to keep my awards, pilots log and hotas bindings. I currently own the base free game, I'm getting Normandy, and I have 5 modules that I have only activated once each on my computer through Steam. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I do know there will be separate installs for each map until the great unification, but I don't want to have both Steam and stand alone versions on my pc so it will be 1.5 and 2.x.x(Normandy). I am trying to avoid problems with activation, and conflicts. I also use VR if that makes any difference.

The simplest would be to just download the installer, specify the install directory into your Steam directory and the installer should recognize all the existing files.

Protip(if done as described above): delete retail.cfg and start DCS over steam -> you will have the module manager (standalone) but still have access to the Steam features.^^