DCS World 2.1

haffende

Having seen the very impressive Normandy map videos and some fantastic Viggen screen shots with a new lighting method will NTTR look as bright and punchy as Normandy ?...currently NTTR at midday looks so dull just like the suns coming up.

• Like 1

One of the things I think makes Normandy (or the new lighting system) to look very nice is that they added some kind of "fog glow" so to speak depending on the time of day, position (sea or terrain) and HEIGHT. According to the new NTTR screens, I would say its a core game feature so probably NTTR will improve at midday just because of that. Anyway it seems like they tamed it down (at least for the moment), but I would love to see it back as strong as in the next screen:

Screen_160816_123904.jpg

Look at the nice golden glow that seems to tint the air mass...its very nice and makes you feel there is air in the atmosphere being illuminated by the dusk sun just like in real life.

Also, something that is very nice in the new lighting is "light tint" which looks also a bit tamed down/disabled right now in comparsion to some old screens or maybe they still working on it but I really liked it and hope to see it implemented (or if its already implemented reinforced). Im talking about this strong tint effect:

attachment.php?attachmentid=143247&d=1467271050

Screen_161229_144512.jpg

I guess all this effects will make NTTR to look much better but DAY TIME is always the most challenging and hard time of day to make it look fine so it might look a bit worse than dusk or dawn.

Cheers!!:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

2.1 Pit Reflections?

Hey, Sith.

Quick question about 2.1: Have they fixed the F-15 (and other modern aircraft?) canopy glass/HUD glass reflections?

Thanks!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

My apologies, Had to ask tho :)

I think what you are refering is the cockpit internal lights not the sun light...but I might be wrong.

Anyway, nice to know ED is still working in lighting department, as I said, more tint and stronger "glow fog" (especially for day time) would look amazing, at least imho :thumbup:

I think what you are refering is the cockpit internal lights not the sun light...but I might be wrong.

Excessive glare is not due to internal lighting.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, at 0:25 mark, the only thing to the right looking like a second sun is the tiny yellow spot which I believe is a cockpit light as is present always in the same place and shines always the same so...anyway I think that you mean when the canopy glass shines reflecting the sun (inside cockpit of course) but I think this is quite realistic as at some positions (basically at 90º right and left to the POV) if the sun is right behind your LOS you should see a very intense sun reflection.

What is not right is when the canopy turns blue like in the mig-29, I already reported this issue long time ago.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I also hope that this boring, odd, one color scheme at midday will look different and more realistic with the new lightning engine.

Something I noticed when zooming in, the terrain looks awful to look at especially the mountains. However I guess this won't be resolved with a new lightning engine.

I think this image has been taken somewhere around midday.

Screen_160714_123323.jpg

It's from the ED website.

I also hope that this boring, odd, one color scheme at midday will look different and more realistic with the new lightning engine.

Something I noticed when zooming in, the terrain looks awful to look at especially the mountains. However I guess this won't be resolved with a new lightning engine.

I think this image has been taken somewhere around midday.

Screen_160714_123323.jpg

It's from the ED website.

Compared with the above image, this new one from Razbam's Facebook page looks much nicer at mid-day:

18518352_1349747991778502_4899010630684269839_o.jpg?oh=1201e3bf888a5c31b735c51692072f77&oe=59A5CDE6

I think that NTTR will look really great with the fixed clip-maps and new lighting, though deserts are demanding environments visually since so much rests on just the textures given the lack of trees and such.

-Nick