Salvo Mode? and other unknowns.

Kim Hanson

Just getting started with DCS and things are progessing well already. I have found a few things that I can't figure out though.

For the default Su-25t what does Salvo mode (L Ctrl + V) do? I thought it had something to do with the weapons panel but it has no discernable effect there. In fact the controls for Ripple Quantity and Ripple Interval seem to do all that is necessary. So just what does this control do.

Also:

Does the flashlight work? (L Alt + L)

What does Receive Mode do? (R Shift + \; RShift + M)

Ripple quantity and interval settings are for bombs, Salvo mode is for vikhr missiles. There's no indicator, it defaults to fire one missile and alternates firing from one wing then the other. Pressing Salvo mode keys/button changes to firing two missiles in rapid succession. Since there's no indicator showing that you have switched to Salvo, you need to remember that to go back to firing a single vikhr you have to press the salvo keys/button once again.

Flashlight does not work.

Pressing Receive Mode keys/button toggles between the types/brevity of comms you will receive from ATC and AWACS. Each keypress/buttonpress will display a window in the upper or center right of the screen to tell you what mode you're in.

Edited by Winston 60
  • Like 2

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

There is a way to tell if Vikhrs are in salvo mode. The circle will be centered instead of off to left or right.

Good tip! :thumbup:

• Like 1

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset