Top Gun 2

NineLine

The odds are very high that it will be terrible. A good sequel is a rare item.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Cruise is too old to be flying active duty. What will his role be I wonder.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Top Gun without the F-14 is not Top Gun. Having said that, I'm a little excited :)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-14 is retired. To me that was the main reason the movie was so cool.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

It'll be a Overly Done CGI Mess w/ Zach Efron Shirtless Volleyball Scenes thrown in.

No Producing Company is going to have the backing to write a check to rent a US Aircraft Carrier, Let Alone an F-35 Sqn to Shoot the Footage they want and Actor's Salary.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It'll be a Overly Done CGI Mess w/ Zach Efron Shirtless Volleyball Scenes thrown in.

No Producing Company is going to have the backing to write a check to rent a US Aircraft Carrier, Let Alone an F-35 Sqn to Shoot the Footage they want and Actor's Salary.

There is an interview with Cruise where he said TG2 wouldn't happen unless it was shot live action. He was aware that was The foundation of the original. I think that's what excites me most about this news - hopefully they reached some sort of agreement with the Navy

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, as long as shirtless Zach Efron isn't CGI. Kidding! Kidding!

They'd have to CGI Iceman in..... lol

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

The question is: what is the Story they want to tell?

It is all about the story. If it works, the movie works.

The USN might be interested in the publicity, so that is pretty much possible... Question is, what do they want to tell, story wise? Maverick, ex flight instructor for Top Gun showing 80ies dogfighting tactics for F-35 pilots, might be the closest to a believable plot... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Top Gun without the F-14 is not Top Gun. Having said that, I'm a little excited :)

Was thinking that exact same thing when postin in another forumn. F-18 just don't see how they'll make this all work. New threat, or fictional East vs West storyline again. probably worth seing though as it was my fav movie from HS years.

The question is: what is the Story they want to tell?

It is all about the story. If it works, the movie works.

The USN might be interested in the publicity, so that is pretty much possible... Question is, what do they want to tell, story wise? Maverick, ex flight instructor for Top Gun showing 80ies dogfighting tactics for F-35 pilots, might be the closest to a believable plot... ;)

Maybe they'll go crazy with it and do an alternate Strangereal future, where Tom Cruise is a grizzled veteran of an F-14E SuperCat squadron dogfighting against the Belkins while his opponent spouts Nietzscheian philosophy to him.

So - Tom Cruise in the role of a TopGun trainer, who gets called into active duty once again because of some terrorist plot that only he and his flying buddy (whoever that might be) can stop. I would guess that's a plot line I can imagine.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Last I saw the General Story was Supposed to be:

Top Gun Instructor training pilots, is challenged by Government Contractor to compete against their Unmanned Drone Fighters.

Top Gun Instructor training pilots, is challenged by Government Contractor to compete against their Unmanned Drone Fighters.

Ok, so let's hope it isn't done realistic.

"Drone pulls a 22 G sustained turn, into the piloted Jet, fires simulated Missiles. Rinse and repeat 10 times while pilot tries to outmaneuver the drone with stunts like the brake stop" to see the drone flying circles around him, as it doesn't have problems pulling as much Gs, as the airframe can handle as no meatball is in the cockpit...?

The most interesting aspect may be moral decisions... but that has been done in other movies already, so not very inventive, story-telling wise. :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

so this is not a topgun sequel but actually a stealth sequel...

i would have imagined this was some boeing funded shill flick where tom cruise in the super bug uses good old gun tactics like aileron roll and airbrake juke to defeat the evil f-35.

ooh ooh if they make it a MQ-35 they can nail two birds with one stone!!

As long as its better than Stealth :D

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ouf. There are times in life, where Id love to be a harness :music_whistling:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I think I read it got a rewrite since then. I hope anyway :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]