No flak effects?

YoYo

Hello,

I saw many new videos from preview but... noticed no any FLAK effects in the air.

H8zPNMqVi2E

Is it present?

The combat box looks strange without "black-non-friends"...

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

There is a nice flak script for that until a better flak will be released.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Flak will come later. Remember, when this comes out on Friday it will come out as Open Alpha.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

you have CBU bombs. Frag rounds with airburst are basically exactly just that.

Not hardly. The bomblets in a CBU act nothing like random fragmentation, which is how flak would act.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The other question is: Can you collide with the tether wire on the barrage balloons?

and will it tear your wing off?

I'm sure that based on my flying skills, I'll be able to answer that shortly after the release:music_whistling:

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Just an fyi, when I wrote the flak script I tested in the editor trying to pick an explosion strength for the trigger.action.explosion. I did this using the EXPLOSION trigger action (as I assumed it was the same as the script version) and varied the strength from 1 upwards. I definitely noted that there was a damage radius that increased with strength.

Checking today as I was posting this I see that the labels for the EXPLOSION trigger action (as I recall anyway) seem to have changed over the last year or so and now where I recall seeing STRENGTH the label has become VOLUME. Maybe under the covers this was always the case and the label has been updated to better represent what happens? Ditto for the EXPLODE UNIT action.

Are you able to provide any info or find out Sith as to what actually happens for these actions? Is it the same uniform explosive force but the volume it fills is configurable? or something else?

I've been working on a new version on and off for a long time based on world.searchobjects rather than the MIST units in zone and without actually thinking about why, I did find that the explosions seemed to act differently in test missions and I did end up increasing what I thought of as the strength value. No eta for this by the way as it's very much more off than on.

Is there any info you can provide as to whether the in game graphic will eventually scale based on the volume rather than the current 1.5 situation where I believe (but am happy to be corrected) the same explosion graphic is used for all strengths/volumes?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

there is no fragmentation modeled as far as i know. If you are within a certain range of an explosion, depending on the weapon, you will take damage. What I mean by "fragmentation model" is actual individual pieces of shrapnel flying away from explosives. Take ARMA for example. If you through a hand grenade, it generates actual pieces of frag that fly through the air hitting things. Its not just a 5m kill radius script.

• ED Team

I'll check into it and see, I would hope for FLAK we will get some sort of fragmentation.

Just an fyi, when I wrote the flak script I tested in the editor trying to pick an explosion strength for the trigger.action.explosion. I did this using the EXPLOSION trigger action (as I assumed it was the same as the script version) and varied the strength from 1 upwards. I definitely noted that there was a damage radius that increased with strength.

Checking today as I was posting this I see that the labels for the EXPLOSION trigger action (as I recall anyway) seem to have changed over the last year or so and now where I recall seeing STRENGTH the label has become VOLUME. Maybe under the covers this was always the case and the label has been updated to better represent what happens? Ditto for the EXPLODE UNIT action.

Are you able to provide any info or find out Sith as to what actually happens for these actions? Is it the same uniform explosive force but the volume it fills is configurable? or something else?

I've been working on a new version on and off for a long time based on world.searchobjects rather than the MIST units in zone and without actually thinking about why, I did find that the explosions seemed to act differently in test missions and I did end up increasing what I thought of as the strength value. No eta for this by the way as it's very much more off than on.

Is there any info you can provide as to whether the in game graphic will eventually scale based on the volume rather than the current 1.5 situation where I believe (but am happy to be corrected) the same explosion graphic is used for all strengths/volumes?

Thanks,

Stonehouse

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yes please supply some 88's and some 37 mm flak guns. I was just creating my first mini mission in the Normandy map and noticed there are no flak units, either static or active?

Also the transportable 37 mm flak, which could be mounted on those railway wagons, making strafing them a bigger hazard/challenge!

Could we not use the cannon effects we already see in the AA 30 mm??

Best regards

David

Edited by NineLine
removed reference to FSX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky