ground attack modes.. changing ???

m1tp2king

It'll automatically change based of your aircraft's pitch, I believe it's around -30 to -40 degrees, but I could be wrong on the numbers.

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

You don't switch back and forth with SU-27. For CCRP align targeting circle over target and press and hold weapon release. A diamond will appear showing target. Fly over keeping weapon release held until bombs drop. For CCIP go into dive and wait for bomb fall line to appear then tap weapon release.

You don't switch back and forth with SU-27. For CCRP align targeting circle over target and press and hold weapon release. A diamond will appear showing target. Fly over keeping weapon release held until bombs drop. For CCIP go into dive and wait for bomb fall line to appear then tap weapon release.

This. The weapon release system will automatically use whatever mode is appropriate. Place the piper over the desired target. If your current flight parameters allow for instant bomb release then that will happen. If not, the system will engage CCRP mode, in which case you'll need to fly wings-level and preferably at a steady pitch and speed until the weapons are released.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 4 months later...

Short question since we are talking ground attack here. Two things i am not sure about. How do i konw which bom i have selected? On the HUD i just see b for bomb, and the weapons indicator to the left of the HUD says bomb or rocket, but nothing specific. Do i really have to either remember from the briefing or take a quick F2 look to know which bomb is attacked to which station? Second, does the salvo mode button do anything? I am surely unable to release one bomb at a time, its always at least the entire weapons station or with dispeners at least, all of the same kind.

Short question since we are talking ground attack here. Two things i am not sure about. How do i konw which bom i have selected? On the HUD i just see b for bomb, and the weapons indicator to the left of the HUD says bomb or rocket, but nothing specific. Do i really have to either remember from the briefing or take a quick F2 look to know which bomb is attacked to which station? Second, does the salvo mode button do anything? I am surely unable to release one bomb at a time, its always at least the entire weapons station or with dispeners at least, all of the same kind.

After a few flights, you’ll learn to recognize the weapons from the cockpit.

Yes, salvo and ripple both work. The only multiple-release pylon holds 2 or 4 100’s, and they are released all at once.

The selection of dropping 1, 2, 4, or “all” refers to the contents on the pylons. So, in theory if you select “2”, the weapons control will drop two bombs (unless one of the pylons hold 2 100’s, then 3 bombs will actually drop. The lonely bomb on one pylon and both of the 100’s (which are released together), separated by the time interval selected.

Edited by VZ_342

...Second, does the salvo mode button do anything? I am surely unable to release one bomb at a time, its always at least the entire weapons station or with dispeners at least, all of the same kind.

Assuming we are talking about the Su-27, since this is an Su-27 thread...In A2G mode, salvo releases all of the selected weapon when you pickle. The same is true in A2A mode. If you have 4 R-27ERs along for th eride and select "salvo" mode while they're selected, all four will launch at the same time.

Weapons are often restricted to released in symetrical pairs to keep the aircraft "balanced", especially on the outer hardpoints. (If memory serves, the Su-25T allows single release on only the innermost hardpoints.)

In the Su-27, you do not have an option to single release, nor can you ripple.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...

check CCRP steering mode in controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 9 months later...
Assuming we are talking about the Su-27, since this is an Su-27 thread...In A2G mode, salvo releases all of the selected weapon when you pickle. The same is true in A2A mode. If you have 4 R-27ERs along for th eride and select "salvo" mode while they're selected, all four will launch at the same time.

Weapons are often restricted to released in symetrical pairs to keep the aircraft "balanced", especially on the outer hardpoints. (If memory serves, the Su-25T allows single release on only the innermost hardpoints.)

In the Su-27, you do not have an option to single release, nor can you ripple.

Forgive me for opening up this thread again but I've just started getting back into the Su-27 and Su-33. I understand what you are saying but I don't understand how this is shown in the cockpits. How can I tell when I'm in "salvo mode?" Something showing up in the HUD? I don't see it, something showing up on the weapons panel?

AFAIK, and I'm not an expert, the air-to-ground system on the SU-27 in the sim is basically locked. On the weapons panel I believe there is a dial to select single, pair, or a ripple timer (I assume for all of one type in one go). There are no controls that I have found in the settings that allows any change to the weapon release setting (except salvo which I think does nothing... but I could be wrong). The way it seems to work by default is it will release bombs in pairs (haven't tested the S-24). You can sort of get around this with stations 5 and 6 by equipping different weapons in those two slots (ie a FAB500 and 6XFAB100), and since they are centered they do not affect the balance when releasing one at a time.

It's a little frustrating to be staring at a dial you just want to reach out and turn, but you can't. Oh well.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

Forgive me for opening up this thread again but I've just started getting back into the Su-27 and Su-33. I understand what you are saying but I don't understand how this is shown in the cockpits. How can I tell when I'm in "salvo mode?" Something showing up in the HUD? I don't see it, something showing up on the weapons panel?

There is no indication as I recall—sorry but I’m not near the sim to doublecheck—it’s simply not something I use. The sim’s version of the Flanker’s A2G functions are very simplistic.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It's a little frustrating to be staring at a dial you just want to reach out and turn, but you can't. Oh well.

LOL! Yep I hear you. The reason I asked this question is that I'm so used to the dials moving in the weapons panel of the Su-25A that I just assumed the Su-27 and Su-33 had those as well. Both the Su-27 and the Su-33 are still considered to be in beta so perhaps we can hope that when they come out of beta there will be animations added to future cockpit models. :joystick:

In fairness there's actually very little use for the salvo mode in the Su-27 unless you've loaded up with 36 x FAB-100's. By default FABs & RBKs are released in matched pairs which prevents the need for roll trimming after single releases.

But yes, there's no indication at the moment of whether default or salvo mode is set, which can be very dangerous if you need to suddenly switch from A-G to A-A modes as salvo also works with your AAM's.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

By default FABs & RBKs are released in matched pairs which prevents the need for roll trimming after single releases.

Sure it makes it "easier" to not have to worry about trimming, but it would be way more effective to be able to ripple. Dropping 2 FAB500s on the exact same spot is really useless. I'd much rather have them landing 50m apart.

On a side note, the CCIP mode sucks in the 27, granted it doesn't use a laser range finder like the 25 AFAIK. I often have bombs landing way left or right (ball is centered and roll is level), where as with CCRP they are pretty much bang on. Dropping in pairs only exacerbates the problem as you can only make half the number of runs, and you can't increase the chances of a hit by rippling.

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

S...

On a side note, the CCIP mode sucks in the 27, granted it doesn't use a laser range finder like the 25 AFAIK. I often have bombs landing way left or right (ball is centered and roll is level)...

Hmmm...granted I haven't done much A2G in the Su-27 lately but CCIP always seemed to be on target on relatively level ground and no wind. Wind effects, perhaps?

_____

In the training mission I was missing before and after the target a lot. Then playing multiplayer in a mission that I "believe" had 0 wind set, I was way off to the sides. But then again, I might just suck.

And if CCIP can't factor in the winds (not surprising), why would CCRP? It wasn't so much that I was missing with CCIP, but that I was way more accurate with CCRP.

The thing I dislike about A-G in the Su-27 is that to get real accuracy it's necessary to get up close & personal with the target which obviously causes it's own problems. I'll have to try the old low level supersonic bombing technique to see if it still works...

The thing I dislike about A-G in the Su-27 is that to get real accuracy it's necessary to get up close & personal with the target which obviously causes it's own problems. I'll have to try the old low level supersonic bombing technique to see if it still works...

Yep, spot on. I actually got shot down a few times doing this until I finally learned my lesson. :doh:

In the training mission I was missing before and after the target a lot. Then playing multiplayer in a mission that I "believe" had 0 wind set, I was way off to the sides. But then again, I might just suck.

And if CCIP can't factor in the winds (not surprising), why would CCRP? It wasn't so much that I was missing with CCIP, but that I was way more accurate with CCRP.

Hmmm...I've never flown it. I might give it a try in the AM just to see what happens both CCIP and CCRP

_____