Issues w/new rig

So as I just started getting the final touches to get back into DCS, my ONLY monitor decides to just black out and quit on me. What I mean by this is is that it not necessarily dead for good, rather it just won't display anything at all...ANYTHING.:mad:

I tried to do everything I could possibly think of to try and get it back up.....only to see infinite blackness yet again. I checked the rig to see if there were loose parts, nothing. Did an Auto-Adjust on the monitor, as well as a self test, nothing. Restart the rig countless times over, even restarted my circuit breaker......Zilch.:doh:

Keyboard nor mouse wouldn't respond either, so if anyone knows what this is, or why this just occured, please tell me.

EDIT: This happened yesterday afternoon, ICYWW.

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

Happened to me once too - was when my mate was trying out a game and just got up and left it with the game running. Then the monitor timed-out as it does when PC is idle, and nothing I did would power it back up/display an image again.

I can't remember how I got it working again, but I think it was related to video card port swapping and stuff like that. The GPU has just gotten confused for some reason.

I honestly thought that was it, no picture ever again lol - I had tried everything and nothing would work.

Just keep swapping stuff around, monitor switching etc etc - it will come right.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you get anything during boot, do you see the boot screen, or is that black too?

Do you get any beeps during boot up?

CPU fan etc is spinning up during boot up?

Can you hear your hard drive spin up and work (load)- or you are booting from SSD I guess?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Does the cable make proper contact with the output and input?

Yup, still get black screen.

Just keep swapping stuff around, monitor switching etc etc - it will come right.

That's the problem. I can't since my last rig died, and this is my only good monitor display left. I don't have any more gpu's to swap out, and my last one was WAY underpowered(512MB tops), so there's not much room for me to do anything at this point.

EDIT: Oh, NOW it decides to run. WTF!?

Edited by Gault05

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

I think I may have finally found out the problem: the VGA screws.

I think the reason why it didn't display before, was because the screws were tightened all the way. So I loosened them to see if it made a difference, and it did!:doh:

And here I was panicking thinking it was a virus or something!

DCS status:

Haha, no worry...it happens !

Glad it could be fixed in 10 seconds once located:thumbup:

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X