Glitches

Hope someone can help me with this sheisse. Have 1.12a patch on Flaming cliffs. 1} Looking around in cockpit, even stationary, graphics pulse, pretty annoying.2}Su-33 in BVR mode, targets don't show up on HUD as individual lines, get a moving bar code like effect down the whole HUD. Cant tell range or differentiate between different targets to lock onto seperate aircraft, really annoying. 3} R-27 missiles, HUD giving me launch authorize way before effective range, fire missiles and they fall short into the sea. Well, I was so hyped to get this game, now I'm totally let down by some pretty major defects in game play. I heard so many good things about LO, thats what prompted my switch from Flanker 2.5.Yeah the graphics are way better, but at least most of the functions worked.Hopefully someone has dealt with these issues before and can assist me so that I might actually be able to engage multiple threats and enjoy this game.Right now I'm pretty let down by all this and I've only just started getting into it.

Von Klugerman the sim is great although not perfect (who is?), now you just need to know how it works. Flaming Cliffs comes with a great manual :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

1} Looking around in cockpit, even stationary, graphics pulse, pretty annoying.

You need to describe this one -much- better. Much.

2}Su-33 in BVR mode, targets don't show up on HUD as individual lines, get a moving bar code like effect down the whole HUD. Cant tell range or differentiate between different targets to lock onto seperate aircraft, really annoying.

Yes, that is the purpose of jammers: To annoy you, make you lose SA, start crying in the 'pit and all that other wonderful stuff that gives the other guy an edge :D

The jamming strobe is not only perfectly normal, it is described in the manual ...

3} R-27 missiles, HUD giving me launch authorize way before effective range, fire missiles and they fall short into the sea.

Are you shooting at jamming targets? If so, the fire control radar does not have a range to target before burn-through and as such it will always allow you to launch the missile, IIRC.

But again, you need to describe your situation -very- carefully, 'cause for all I know, you're launching at Rmax and the target's just turning away (thus immediately putting itself out of range)

Well, I was so hyped to get this game, now I'm totally let down by some pretty major defects in game play.

Some of those defects are user not reading manual ... ;)

I heard so many good things about LO, thats what prompted my switch from Flanker 2.5.Yeah the graphics are way better, but at least most of the functions worked.

LOMAC might be based on flanker, but it isn't Flanker - the aircraft have been given much more realistic capabilities than the optimistic and incorrect portrayal they had in Flanker.

Hopefully someone has dealt with these issues before and can assist me so that I might actually be able to engage multiple threats and enjoy this game.Right now I'm pretty let down by all this and I've only just started getting into it.

The Su-27S cannot engage multiple threats - at least, not simultaneously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Addendum: You'll find missiles in FC are much less effective than they were in Flanker, too - they are more susceptible to counter measures and missile defense tactics.

You can no longer rely on long range kills - a lot of the time you'll have to sucker your opposition into the weapon's Rtr (Range turn and run) rather than launch a beyond-Rtr missile (especially anywhere near Rmax) ... long range shots like that don't have a whole lot of a chance as there is a -lot- an opponent can do to deal with them, without even using counter-measures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

2} and 3} are, as already mentioned, related - the "moving bar code" occurs when your radar is being jammed and swithches to HOJ(Home On Jam) mode.

When you move the target cursor over the "moving barcode" and press TAB key, your radar is operating in a passive mode and locking on directly to the pulse of the enemy ECM device - i.e. it is not a "normal" radar lock and therefore your radar cannot determine range to target.

- JJ.

JJ

Well, thanks for all the info, jammers and all. I'll have to read the manual! The pulse thing starts right away, ie, on the tarmac. Its in the cockpit not outside scenery that does it.How do I explain it, as you scan your instruments the pulse is like every few seconds, evenly spaced, everything sort of moves or magnifies slightly like a heartbeat.

Guest IguanaKing

About the graphics pulsing...do you know what axis on your stick is assigned to the zoom control? You might want to check that. I get jittering and all kinds of craziness if my zoom control is in a weird spot, and its simply due to the sensitivity of that axis on the stick.

^^^ Yeah, I'm with IK. If you assigned your zoom to an axis (or it got itself done this way to begin with), take care to add a dead zone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most certainly is what IguanaKing said. I have an X52 stick and I have the zoom asigned to the (so called, sorry I couldn't resist :D ) "precision slider". I have small spikes on it from day one in some spots and the view is pulsing as you describe it... some times I thing is the wind that shakes the plane :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Guest IguanaKing

Nah, its not Saitek, my CH Fighterstick does it too. Saitek, CH, and pretty much any other stick worth having are all analog, but in order for the computer to make use of its signals, they get converted to digital. So, a difference of a microvolt can be enough to reach the threshhold voltage of the ADC and cause it to jump to the next step. This could be overcome, but I don't think any of us would like the solution, it would mean that the potentiometer would have to have more turns added to its full range. So, we'd have to be spinning those wheels just to get a little bit of zoom. Its kind of a pain to find a happy spot on the zoom control (mine is on the stick Z axis), but you get used to it.

GG, I think I'll give the dead zone thing a try. It might not work since the axis I have it on is essentially a rotary, but, one can never know for sure. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

2} and 3} are, as already mentioned, related - the "moving bar code" occurs when your radar is being jammed and swithches to HOJ(Home On Jam) mode.

When you move the target cursor over the "moving barcode" and press TAB key, your radar is operating in a passive mode and locking on directly to the pulse of the enemy ECM device - i.e. it is not a "normal" radar lock and therefore your radar cannot determine range to target.

- JJ.

Oh I have a question that I should really know the answer too this but when you lock in HOJ mode is it totally passive? In other words is it totally silent or will the enemy still see your radar on their threat indicator but just not show a lock? When you lock in HOJ is your radar on or off thats what I mean in simple terms?

thanks

Then why should they keep jamming? The HOJ is locking on its own jammed radar emission after all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I have a question that I should really know the answer too this but when you lock in HOJ mode is it totally passive? In other words is it totally silent or will the enemy still see your radar on their threat indicator but just not show a lock? When you lock in HOJ is your radar on or off thats what I mean in simple terms?

thanks

Right now, in LO, the F-15's HOJ mode is completely passive (SNIFF Mode ... which may actually not be entirely passive but might use some low power emissions) while the Russian HoJ continue to transmit in an attempt to keep the jammer firing.

None of this technically matters since the jammers aren't implemented all that well, though it obviously does matter to the pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]