R1Lawsy

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO, running the command line repair, then the updater, results in this:

psZGBxa.jpg

Running the command line dcs_updater just runs this version of 1.5.6.

What's the solution now? Complete reinstall?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Going through install now, I'll let you know.

EDIT:

Didn't seem to work, it repaired version 1.5...

SO, running the command line repair, then the updater, results in this:

psZGBxa.jpg

Running the command line dcs_updater just runs this version of 1.5.6.

What's the solution now? Complete reinstall?

I told people not to delete the autoupdate cfg files, no one listened...

You delete that, updater assumes the default branch, which is 1.5, so you launch the updater it says there's an update and you get super excited and click update now without noticing the 1.5.6 version number.

To fix this you have to force update to open alpha again using:

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.1.0.5677.215@openalpha

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You delete that, updater assumes the default branch, which is 1.5,

Unfortunately, I read your warning far too late. :( Thanks for the help, I wish I had seen it sooner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

You delete that, updater assumes the default branch, which is 1.5,

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

as somebody wrote earlier in this thread:

dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

Yeah, that's it, though you have to navigate to /bin/ folder inside DCS Open Alpha installation path in CMD in order for that command to work.

Already installed, going for a test flight :) .

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team

when you get to the module manager sometimes it will not load the first time, use the refresh on the lower right and it should appear

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Still no DL for me :(

and you are using open alpha / dcs 2 correct?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well successfully updated to 2.1 with no problem.

Have launched 2.1 three times, and so far nothing in Module Manager showing up for installing my Normandy Map at all.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well, I'm not going to make a test fly, yet. For instant action I need assets pack and it's neither showing up in module manager :huh:. What is the assets pack name for CMD code? Is assets pack already available?

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Skate and BigNewy, where should I post problems about reworked 2.1 NTTR? I see the "bugs" section in NTTR sub-forum is empty, so I don't know if we're allowed to post there.

Completed the update to 2.1 successfully, removed options.lua as usual, set up everything again, decided to load any NTTR mission to test is if the sim's working OK, but it always freezes for good while loading the terrain. After killing it via task manager and checking out logs, I can see lots of clipmap loading errors and nvwgf2umx.dll error.

Repair didn't help.

I've got logs to post, but I don't want to clog up this thread as my problem would be off topic over here.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Unfortunately, I read your warning far too late. :( Thanks for the help, I wish I had seen it sooner.

^^ YUP me too... it was not an issue of "Not listening" Skate... it was merely a misdirected assumption some advice someone posted earlier was working. I removed the .cfg before I saw any warning unfortunately.

Cheers,

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Well, I'm not going to make a test fly, yet. For instant action I need assets pack and it's neither showing up in module manager :huh:. What is the assets pack name for CMD code? Is assets pack already available?

S!

DCS_Updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Which versions can we install the Asset Pack into? The Newsletter says it will work with v1.5.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Skate and BigNewy, where should I post problems about reworked 2.1 NTTR? I see the "bugs" section in NTTR sub-forum is empty, so I don't know if we're allowed to post there.

Completed the update to 2.1 successfully, removed options.lua as usual, set up everything again, decided to load any NTTR mission to test is if the sim's working OK, but it always freezes for good while loading the terrain. After killing it via task manager and checking out logs, I can see lots of clipmap loading errors and nvwgf2umx.dll error.

Repair didn't help.

I've got logs to post, but I don't want to clog up this thread as my problem would be off topic over here.

post it in alpha general 2.0 for now we will sort the sections out some other time

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=470

okey now that this stuff is over and you have all this guys palying normandy... can we have the F18? At least i wanna pre-purchase it :(

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

DCS_Updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Thanks mate!! That's fast :thumbup: .

S!

when you get to the module manager sometimes it will not load the first time, use the refresh on the lower right and it should appear

I go to DCSWorld2OpneAlpha/bin and double click DCS_updater.exe

That's what I suppose to do, right?

Thanks

Repair didn't help.

Also How long did you wait? sometimes the maps seem to take forever to load the first time.

Edited by SkateZilla

sometimes the maps seem to take forever to load the first time.

They do. Compiling shaders perhaps? Whereas later on the sim just fetches them from a cache I'd think.

PS. Unpacking files sez the updater now... ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

^^ YUP me too... it was not an issue of "Not listening" Skate... it was merely a misdirected assumption some advice someone posted earlier was working. I removed the .cfg before I saw any warning unfortunately.

Cheers,

Funnily enough, I was in the same boat, but when the download started I was wondering what's being downloaded without that .cfg file telling the downloader what to get, so I stopped it, and copied the file back into the DCS folder. Glad I did.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com