Fuel Indicator Giving False Results

Bersagliere81

Hi there

I have an issue involving external fuel tanks. Once you add wing tanks (and then remove them), the fuel indicator still reads as there is the extra fuel from wings.

I have managed to reproduce the issue in this way:

- Rearm Wing Tanks, and centre line 490l ---> reads 4

- Rearm NO Wing Tanks, and centre line 800l ---> reads 4,2

- Rearm Wing Tanks, and centre line 800l ---> reads 4,2

stripping down everything seems to solve the issue. I got these readings reproducing those steps in that exact way. Also, I get the expected readings if I make my first rearm of the "mission", or by doing those steps in different ways including downgrading the centre tank from 800 to 490 one.

I can't say if this is due to the 26/05 patch, it is the first time I notice this.

Map is Caucasus 1.5 (or whatever version after the introduction of Normandy map, which I don't own)

Edited by Bersagliere81

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I always understood that you would have to manually set or correct the fuel gauge according to load out. The gauge then only works as a countdown of the fuel that passed through the fuel pump not as an fuel tank sensor. This is would explain for me why a leaking tank will not be shown on the gauge.

The thing is that during rearm or refuel the AI reaches into your cockpit and automatically manually cranks your gauge. The game is doing it for you to spare the user having to do it manually. As such it is susceptible to doing it incorrectly.

I always understood that you would have to manually set or correct the fuel gauge according to load out.

To my understanding, this happens only when you have to drop external tanks when they are not completely empty.

As such it is susceptible to doing it incorrectly.

It makes sense but is human factor modelled ingame? If it is an error, why it keeps repeating with the same values under the same conditions?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I would say it's most probably a bug - auto indicator adjustment after refueling is clearly programmed in, but not all cases work as expected.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.