Normandy terrain update

FENDER

After update dcs 2.0 via the module section Normandy is not listed under available terrain nor it has any indications in the installed items although I parches it and able to see it in my account. help and advice will be appreciated

many thanks

I used the command line for that:

1) Browse to your DCS folder's bin directory

2) Shift + Right Click anywhere there and open a command prompt

3) type dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain <hit enter> to install Normandy

when done,

4) type dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR <hit enter> to install the Asset Pack

That worked for me.

You will then be prompted for the serial number for the Asset Pack when you launch DCS, and when you start a mission on the Normandy map, the game will prompt for the map serial.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks for the tip....

Looks like it's reinstalling it from scratch again?

What...another 5 hours???

i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 6GB EVGA GTX1060 SC, Oculus CV1, Track IR 5, BenQ XL2720X, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Microsoft Windows® 8.1 -

Thanks for the tip....

Looks like it's reinstalling it from scratch again?

What...another 5 hours???

First you updated the engine, now your downloading the terrain.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Same here.

Installed DCS World again with the link to version 2.1

To install the new map, please update your DCS World 2 Open Alpha, or download from DCS site.

After installation this is the same version 2.05.

So no Normandy :-(

Waiting already 1.5 days for a fix.

Best regards Grippen7

• ED Team

make sure you are starting the update

easiest way is to go to your windows start menu find eagle dynamics and your open alpha update icon. That will start the download.

Once you have downloaded use the module manager to install the terrain. The MM servers have been overloaded, so you may have to use the refresh button bottom right for it to load.

failing that you can use the command window to force the download

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I used the command line for that:

1) Browse to your DCS folder's bin directory

2) Shift + Right Click anywhere there and open a command prompt

3) type dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain <hit enter> to install Normandy

when done,

4) type dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR <hit enter> to install the Asset Pack

That worked for me.

You will then be prompted for the serial number for the Asset Pack when you launch DCS, and when you start a mission on the Normandy map, the game will prompt for the map serial.

So I am attempting to open the bin directory in cmd.exe, but on Windows 10 I don't see any command prompt item listed when I hold shift and right click over the open alpha "bin" file...what am I missing???:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Why the hell is there still no update? It just opens DCS and no update whatsoever!?

DCS only checks once per day, you have to manually check for updates, easiest way is via start menu, eagle dynamics, dcs world open alpha update

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

No luck with CMD solution in BIN.

It helped first time I tried (but was missing some runtime files)

Now it does not work after 3 download.

aircraft and nevada installed ok.

That stuff in the link is way off my competence.

Working and downloading for 12 hours.

Fed up - want my money back.

Ticket filed. Asked for money back.

No hard feeling - maybe in a distant future World 2.0 will go beta.

UPDATE!

IT STARTED TO DOWNLOAD FOR NO REASONS!

FINGERS CROSSED!

Edited by zero
UPDATE

• ED Team
Thanks, but this doesn't work, too :noexpression:

please attach your autoupdate_log.txt

it can be found in your open alpha root location

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

thanks according to the log the last update you tried was on the 2017-05-06

strange

• ED Team

Try a cleanup and repair first ( guide in my sig )

if it helps let us know

• ED Team
Ha! it worked :)

Thank you so much!

Cheers

excellent, thanks for letting us know :)

It seems I'm not the only one, again having major time-wasting problems attempting to download a newly released module. My sequence of events:

Downloaded Normandy map + assets via 2.0 Open Alpha updater. Had to restart as everything ground to a halt - Eventually, thought I had everything downloaded and as it was far too late to mess about, went to bed.

Booted up PC - no mention of Normandy or Assets in Mod Man. Trawled forums, I wasn't alone!

Used cmd prompt method on Map and Assets. Seemed okay. Fired up DCS and entered reg. code for both elements.

Tried to launch a quick mission in the Huey. Tried to load but locked up. Okay try the instant action free flight in the Spit. That did load, very jittery in VR (even with ASW). Exited and reduced the settings. Tried to re-load free flight, locked up 2/4 through loading.

Did DCS 2.0 Alpha repair. Rebooted.

Now locks up on every attempt to load. Very fed up. Log file attached.

Any help appreciated (although I'm losing the will to live here!)

JCK

autoupdate_log.txt

i7-4790, 16GB DDR3, 6GB EVGA GTX1060 SC, Oculus CV1, Track IR 5, BenQ XL2720X, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Microsoft Windows® 8.1 -

I was able to create a fast mission that allowed me to edit it in the ME. Set up 4 B-17s and me in the Dora. Flew and engaged and shot them all down very quickly. I then tweaked the time of day and added a ship. Now the game crashes every time I try to fly it, within a min. I haven't touched any graphic settings at all... tonight I'll have to see what Nevada is like and then see if I can tweak the graphics so it won't keep crashing on me...

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria