Excessive loading time on DCS World

I download and install 2.1, assets pack and Normandy and editor loading take 10-20 minutes to load and similar time to start missions.

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 6 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-580 1.5 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb

I understand have a bellow minimum DCS W rig, but I think the access time has excessive.

• ED Team

First time load will be longer.

If you have not already try a fresh open alpha saved games folder. Do all options from scratch.

rename your open alpha saved games folder ( keep it as a backup it has your input folder which you can move back to the new one we will create )

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha

Restart DCS open alpha redo your graphics settings and options.

retest, let us know if it helps

if it does not please attach your dcs.log

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The reason it takes so long to load is the poor optimisation of the map..if takes up a full 7.97gb of physical memory as it loads..I have only 8gb system and my rig dies a death to the extent that I cannot run the map at all.

Shouldn't have been released without a very good optimisation run...in my opinion.

.if takes up a full 7.97gb of physical memory as it loads..I have only 8gb system and my rig dies a death to the extent that I cannot run the map at all.

In 1,5 and 2.0 I usually saw 4-5 gigs ram usage when bringing up FPS counter in game. With 2.1 I'm seeing 8-11 gigs. If you have only 8 gigs of RAM you will need to lower settings and I'd try lowering pre-load radius.

My loading times are excessive, upwards of 15 minutes. I even reduced the preload radius. I would have 3-4 minute load times on 1.5.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I can't run my Normandy. Each time it loads and either stays on splas screen or on the map view or black screen and windows manager says that the game stopped working and I have to kill the process.

I hit repair and nothing changed. I did what Big said and nothing...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I can't run my Normandy. Each time it loads and either stays on splas screen or on the map view or black screen and windows manager says that the game stopped working and I have to kill the process.

I hit repair and nothing changed. I did what Big said and nothing...

Have you activated it?

Have you activated it?

Yes. When I first lunched the game after downloading it. Same when i downloaded the asset pack. Both are in my module manager.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

I just downloaded latest drivers. It seems to be working. Although barely even though I have i5 3,2GHz gtx970 and 16gb of RAM.

Put MSAA down to 2x or off with deferred shading and use flat shadows. These seem to help most people with FPS or micro-stutter.

• Like 1

Put MSAA down to 2x or off with deferred shading and use flat shadows. These seem to help most people with FPS or micro-stutter.

Thx, I have around 60fps. Works.

My channel: