Request settings on Normandy

boedha68

Dear users, I struggle (i am sure, i am not het only one!) with the settings of Normandy. I don't get the quality of the graphics of the vids from Matt.

It's not the settings alone but time of day, wind, weather etc.

Has anyone come close too the graphics from Matt Wagner? Yes? What are your settings and time of day.

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

what works for me so far with good fluid result ingame.

set MSAA to 0

use DSR Nvidia supersampling instead of AA: resolution x2 + 20%

use this new resolution ingame

it does the trick for me

also be sure to have at least 16 go RAM and don't do big mission with many units so far.

only simple missions.

if you've got to much light, try lowering time morning or evening or add some clouds

there's often clouds on Normandy ;-)

be aware to delete you old DCS 2 saved folders " shaders" and so on, to not keep old config files or old shaders.

542668820_DCS2017-05-2723-44-24-82.thumb.jpg.d08170276f9e5ccb546f2db190200b9b.jpg

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Am I just hooped with 8 GB of RAM then?

I was having awful stuttering with it using my HDD as a page file every few seconds, now I reduced that from 8GB to 1GB and now I crash when I try to load in...

Do I need more RAM to be able to run Normandy smoothly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

here DCS official site:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/alpha/

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: 2 GB RAM card, DirectX11 - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 30 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX780 / ATI R9 290 DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation

for sure with minimum system requirements, if you want to have 20 -25 Fps you 'll have to put all the slider down and preset to low ... ;-(

have a look on your RAM Load ingame ( CTRL ALT DEL) ... mine on NTTR is 10go used, 15,5 go in Normandy, 4go on 1.5

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

I was having awful stuttering with it using my HDD as a page file every few seconds, now I reduced that from 8GB to 1GB and now I crash when I try to load in...

Reducing the size of your page file is, absolutely, going to make things worse.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Reducing the size of your page file is, absolutely, going to make things worse.

Ok, well I changed the page file from my HDD to my SSD, and that helped! I did also reduce it to around 3.5GB (from 8GB), I'll try now, if it's still bad I will put it back up to 8.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Ok, well I changed the page file from my HDD to my SSD, and that helped! I did also reduce it to around 3.5GB (from 8GB), I'll try now, if it's still bad I will put it back up to 8.

Your O/S is giving you a recommended size. Curious, what is it? I have mine at a fixed size, on the SSD.

Yes, having a pagefile on the SSD is better than spinning disk.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Your O/S is giving you a recommended size. Curious, what is it? I have mine at a fixed size, on the SSD.

Yes, having a pagefile on the SSD is better than spinning disk.

I put it back to recommended size (it turns out to be ~8GB) and now it finally runs smoothly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I put it back to recommended size (it turns out to be ~8GB) and now it finally runs smoothly.

cool beans, great to hear! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• ED Team

I run a 60gb ssd just for my page file, and it is system managed. I get better results this way.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

set MSAA to 0

it does the trick for me

also be sure to have at least 16 go RAM and don't do big mission with many units so far.

only simple missions.

if you've got to much light, try lowering time morning or evening or add some clouds

be aware to delete you old DCS 2 saved folders " shaders" and so on, to not keep old config files or old shaders.

Would you mind talking us through exactly what folders need to be deleted within the dcs2 folder thanks!

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

set MSAA to 0

it does the trick for me

I wonder how you got DSR working? any form of AA trough nvidia controlpanel doesn't work for me, and some others. not MSAA or DRS.

are you absolutely sure that it is working for you. 2x is hard to notice the difference sometimes...

Edited by voodooman

AMD here, but I noticed not using the full screen option AA is not working even though activated in graphic options (and maybe that's why I see it quite smooth although with lower FPS than previous versions). I'm still to try AA activated in control panel as in theory AA should not mean any performance loss in modern graphic cards.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I turned HDR back on, didn't really affect my FPS. I'd recommend it, it makes the visuals a fair bit better.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD here too, I set my NVIDIA to default, perf. to max perf. set my settings ingame to low, then med, then hi, running hi stock settings now, seems much better

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did anyone take a frame rate hit from the last update a day ago. I have gone down from 38 fps in the Huey over Caen to the low 20's, I didn't make any changes, just installed the update. I do understand it's early days yet, just curious. I have had to drop Textures from High to Med and Terain Textures from High to Low to get back to the high 30's again.

set MSAA to 0

it does the trick for me

only simple missions.

folders shaders are in bazar?? and delete all in this folders and subfolders??

bazar is on stock DCS folder tree, no not that one !

go in C\user**yourname"\savedgame\DCSalpha\

On a major update it's always a good thing to reinit your savedgame DCS folders.

because of new scripts, shaders, and so on....

But you wanna keep of course

personal data.

input settings, missions, screeshoots, are the main.

do a complete save of your DCSsavedgame folder before anything else

then erase all ( )

and paste the saved /config input

the mission and anything else you wanna found again.

you can also delete fxo metashaders only.

Hi Guys,

Here goes my settings:

This is my 1.5.6 setup so you can compare with 2.1

IMG_0280.jpg

DCS 2.1.0 Settings (I tunned it down a bit. Consider: Anis. Filtering and MSAA OFF and Heat Blur Low)

IMG_0088.jpg

All the best,

Sydy

• 4 months later...

I can't use HDR and Deferred Shading, at the same time.

Am I doing something wrong ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Okay, but there are some printscreens with HDR and Deferred shading, both ON

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5