WTF? NORMANDY & ASSETS

So Im pretty exited about the new map and assets pack so another foolish internet shopper hits the net.

I purchase both.... but i get no option to get the assets & map when i open DCS world. Oh I need another version 2.0?

I delete my 1.5 and install the 2.0 now the problems begin. The game wont run because of missing dll errors. Re install the program.

Ok i do that and same error! I go on the web and find the missing dll files, and install and still no joy. Now i am missing more dll files?

After a long net search on net I find them.

Now the game starts and i have to purchase nevada test site?

And my purchased planes from the 1.5 version are all gone!

Again no option to load assets and map from the module manager. I'm done for the day.

Today the option for loading the map and assets show up after the option to buy nevada test range pops up.

Well it looks like i have to re install F86 M15 combined arms bf109k FW190d9 P51 & SU25 FC3 combined arms and i still do not even know if the game will even run.

What a mess.

You installed a completely separate version of the game. It stands to reason that you would have to install your aircraft modules into the newly installed version of the game.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You installed a completely separate version of the game. It stands to reason that you would have to install your aircraft modules into the newly installed version of the game.

Apparently so. That means re-mapping controls and more. DCS rocks.:doh:

@Sgt_Fresh, you can copy over your existing control setup from DCS 1.5.

Copy from C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input).

You will probably need to set up your graphics options again, but that should be expected with the new game internals (lighting, etc.) according to your PC.

@Sgt_Fresh, you can copy over your existing control setup from DCS 1.5.

Copy from C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input).

You will probably need to set up your graphics options again, but that should be expected with the new game internals (lighting, etc.) according to your PC.

Thanks C will do!:thumbup:

And for future reference, you didn't need to uninstall 1.5.

You can quite happily have the release version, beta and alpha (2.1) versions all installed at the same time (in different directories obviously).

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai