PSA for Vive - Steam VR advanced settings (Super sampling) impact DCS

StandingCow

Just in case anyone else has this set... there is an advanced setting mode for Vive in steam VR where I set the supersampling (Pixel Density) to 1.5 for other VR games. Apparently, even though I run DCS outside of steam and do NOT run steam VR the setting still takes affect, I couldn't get 90 FPS in DCS no matter what I did.

So what I did is I turned Super-sampling back to 1.0 in steam and turned it up to 1.5 in DCS. Now I am at a steady 90 FPS.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else was running into this problem.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Goodness, I can't hit 90 fps in DCS 2.1 with my Rift no matter what I do - congrats!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Huh, with your system I would think you should be able to....

Not in 2.1, I could easily in 2.05. I lowered all settings down to the bare minimum and could not achieve 90 fps over Normandy. Apparently I am not alone several have run into this from what I have seen.

You are very fortunate!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not in 2.1, I could easily in 2.05. I lowered all settings down to the bare minimum and could not achieve 90 fps over Normandy. Apparently I am not alone several have run into this from what I have seen.

You are very fortunate!

You saw the thread about disabling MSAA and all right? It doesn't play well with the new lighting system.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

You saw the thread about disabling MSAA and all right? It doesn't play well with the new lighting system.

I lowered it to 2x, not sure if I totally disabled it - may give that a try but not sure I would like the visuals from not having it.

Don B

Well gave it a try, both MSAA and AF set to off, and both terrain and cockpit shadows set to off.

It did give me a solid 45 fps (ASW), did not drop below, but never saw 90 fps though - flying over Normandy in Spit in take off instant action. I only have Pixel Density set to 1.3.

Hopefully there will be some optimizations coming down the pike that helps. I also have tried it with deferred shading both on and off, performance seems to be about the same for me either way.

Don B