Tree textures and LOD distance in 2.1 needs improving

Frusheen

This isn't a rant. I appreciate we are dealing with alpha code. I'm just posting to highlight the issue and perhaps others will agree and it may be addressed at some point.

The trees in 2.1 appear to be an almost fluorescent green. The colour is completely different from the underlying ground textures. Forests look absolutely terrible in VR. I'm not sure if this is a texture or lighting issue but I hope it is something that can be addressed. In addition, the level of detail increase causes the trees to change shape and colour as you get closer. The difference in the LOD is so dramatic that it is really noticeable. Flying a helicopter over forestry you see a cascading wave sweep over the forest just below the helicopter as the tree detail is increased. Is there any setting which can cause this to happen further out so as not to be so jarring?

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Came here to say the same thing. The rendering of the trees as you fly is quite annoying indeed. I've tried most settings and the only thing that seems to help (minimally) is increasing visibility range, but of course we can't do that comfortably and maintain fps as even with a gtx1080ti anything higher than medium will ruin your frame rate

I have it set to high on my setup. It doesn't make much of a difference. I can't believe the tree are meant to look the colour they do. I'm hoping it's an issue with the new lighting engine that will be fixed but that doesn't help with level of detail problem.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051