Unable to produce white caps for water

Whats your water setting?

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I'll need to check when I get home, but with my settings they were more prominent from higher up, the closer you get to the water they seem to disappear a bit and that glassy effect comes back.

Need at least 20+ knts of wind if not more from memory.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

We are aware and will be addressed.

Thanks for the heads up ... its really nice to see that ED is actually reading the issues that appear on these Forums :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

We are aware and will be addressed.

Thanks

Thx Matt, very good news,

this water isn't looks good honestly:

Screen170_aqnwhnw.jpg

no feeling of altitude too because there are no water details (settings high).

On this video was ok:

Edited by BIGNEWY
edited other sim comparison

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes it looks nice just above sea level. It is just the complete and total lack of texture and depth from a few hundred feet when eveything just turn into a deep, deep blue. (As opposed to previews). But we'll see what the next update brings- I'm sure it will be fine eventually:)

I have no problems generating big white caps... just try with 20 to 30m/s and see what happens, maybe there is something wrong with your intall.

About calmn water looking like a simple color with no texture I remember a friend who was a F5 pilot telling me how dangerous was flying and manouvering over the sea at certain conditions (most of them in fact) because of the lack of depth sense and references in the water... "you only see a blue plane" he told me... so this is how a calm sea looks at low level even...

a different thing would be a shaky water full of waves what you can achieve increasing wind speed. But even shaky ocean will look mostly like a simple color high enough.

anyway they are working on white caps to improve them and probably increase their visibility and rendering distance.

Take a look at my MODS here

I have no problems generating big white caps... just try with 20 to 30m/s and see what happens, maybe there is something wrong with your intall.

About calmn water looking like a simple color with no texture I remember a friend who was a F5 pilot telling me how dangerous was flying and manouvering over the sea at certain conditions (most of them in fact) because of the lack of depth sense and references in the water... "you only see a blue plane" he told me... so this is how a calm sea looks at low level even...

a different thing would be a shaky water full of waves what you can achieve increasing wind speed. But even shaky ocean will look mostly like a simple color high enough.

anyway they are working on white caps to improve them and probably increase their visibility and rendering distance.

:thumbup:

Absolutely, however a glassy surface with a say 15-20knt wind, nah.

Its been this way since day 1 with dcs.

That is odd- because I set it to 50 kts and did not get caps. I saw another one posting about "white caps" just showing rolling waves- but I'll try again. My install appears fine.

Can you take a screeny of your map settings and post maybe bud?

Needs to be surface wind as well, not high alt, there are 3 settings from memory.

just a quick look no frills.

Edited by Vlerkies

:thumbup:

Absolutely, however a glassy surface with a say 15-20knt wind, nah.

Its been this way since day 1 with dcs.

Its not a glassy surface at 15-20m/s at least for me...I see many waves and such...

That is odd- because I set it to 50 kts and did not get caps. I saw another one posting about "white caps" just showing rolling waves- but I'll try again. My install appears fine.

This is how it looks to me at 25m/s, also you can see waves breaking in the coast

1496445891-dcs-2017-06-03-00-11-27-59.jpg

1496445894-dcs-2017-06-03-00-13-03-62.jpg

As Vlerkies said, maybe you are increasing wind in the wrong layer...try the lower one...you should see them...but if you see the waves and not the white caps then I dont know wht to say tbh...

Take a look at my MODS here

Can you take a screeny of your map settings and post maybe bud?

Needs to be surface wind as well, not high alt, there are 3 settings from memory.

just a quick look no frills.

20 m/s near the ground??? It kills take off's!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

20 m/s near the ground??? It kills take off's!

LOL.

The wind speed required to whip the ocean up a little is a bit excessive imho.

Guys,

I am not sure you can appreciate the total awesomeness of this map and the love put into all the details unless you are flying a chopper (most of the screenshots I can see are taken at high altitude and/or high speed).

Water, when it's a bit windy, is the most incredible feature I have seen. I can't believe that anyone would say it is not looking good, unless of course, if they are flying only high and fast, in which case, is a waste for such a beautiful map (with collideable trees, yeaaah!):):thumbup:

TBSDDDAY1.jpg

Yeah, 20m/s is about 45mph, I don't think I'd fancy flying around in that sort of wind, but I'd like to appreciate the eyecandy of those lovely waves. +1 for a bit more waves at a bit lower wind speed.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1