Hey NO FAIR! (I think)

GazAce

Hey Wingmen,

I just purchased A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Campaign cause it looked really good and I thought why not give it a go especially when it included 10 pre training missions to get you started but when I got going I was thrown to the lions! First mission you have to Ramp Start within 15 mins and get airborne, yea all good there but then your expected to accomplish an air-refuel three times before RTB!! holey smoke! I've never been trained in that so I thought this is not fair, I was expecting a training mission like the description said.. check it out.

The campaign covers a number of key areas.. including Air to Air Refueling Day and Night, Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance, Target Area Ingress Preparation, Illumination Flare Employment, Air to Air Gun and Missile Employment, Air to Ground Gun & Rocket Employment, Unguided and Guided Bomb Employment, and Missile Employment.

There are over 1200 voiceovers and over 206 pages of briefing material including the A-10C Amplified Checklist, Maps, Target Diagrams, and Mission Data cards.

Additionally 10 Practice Missions are included so you can perfect your Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) prior to taking the qualification check rides.

So you see, the last point was really why I purchased it so if anyone has completed this Campaign and can recall, could they let me know if there has been an error concerning the practice missions. Oh yea and when I quit the first mission early I started again thinking maybe these practice missions will magically appear and then the Air Refuel mission came up again but this time AT NIGHT! haha beautiful! Anyway, I'm not sure what's goin on with this one, maybe I'm missing something. Any guidance would much appreciated as I really want to do this and I also checked the Training missions option on our main start up page but it wasn't there either. helpsmilie.gif

• Like 1

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I think you missed the part in the title of the campaign where it says 'Advanced'. Have you already been through the BFT campaign?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Practice missions issue

I think you missed the part in the title of the campaign where it says 'Advanced'. Have you already been through the BFT campaign?

Ahh yes sorry cichlidfan I have purchased that Campaign but not started it yet but I'm not sure what it has to do with the Campaign I'm querying. The BFT Campaign has 12 check flight missions and this one has 10 and states that there are 10 practice missions prior to the real deal ones, so how are the two linked? I'm not following.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Maybe you should take a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62992

You should take a special look at:

Phase 1: Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training

Phase 2: Basic Flight Training Qualification

Phase 3: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification

Mastering the Basic Flight Training is not a mandatory step but Phase 1 (Academic Classes and Pre Flight Training) means that you have worked through the whole A-10C manual and are familiar with all the systems.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have a lot of resources available online to educate yourself on air refueling, real, simulated, or otherwise. You have a good mission editor well capable of making a simple mission or two for air refueling training/practice. Your mindset might kill you first, tho'.

Lord of Salt

not sure if you're purposely acting obtuse about it? bft = basic flight training, as opposed to advanced, meaning you're expected to already know the basics and you're training more advanced subjects

No, I'm not purposely acting obtuse about it and when I realized what the acronym for BFT was I understood and replied to cichlids post. I'm still wondering why the practice missions were omitted as I'm not advanced qualified.

You have a lot of resources available online to educate yourself on air refueling, real, simulated, or otherwise. You have a good mission editor well capable of making a simple mission or two for air refueling training/practice. Your mindset might kill you first, tho'.

My mind set? I thought this forum was for adults? And the issue is not specifically regarding air fuelling pal, it's the practice missions that were advertised as being part of the Campaign I purchased that were not there and I'm now sorry I brought it up and so I won't be replying to any more posts concerning this as I'm too long in the tooth to know when I'm being baited.

In BFT you have the training mission prior to the qualification. At the end of the training mission the IP will either say "you could pass the qualification, but a bit more practice and you COULD ace it" or "You are now ready for the qualification". The latter tells you that you will get a full Q rating if you perform similarly.

However if you screw up he will shout "terminate, terminate, terminate" which means that he is not satisfied with your aircraft handling and task execution :D

One reason for screwing up is ignoring the hard deck limit or the altitude patterns.

Edited by ZeeMan90

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

I personally wouldn't purchase any training missions. I don't need someone to guide me on what to do and when to do it. I'll learn at my own pace. Use what I want to use. A very structured training environment does not sound fun. Where one wrong slip up and you failed.

I learned the A10c just fine without it. Lots of wonderful victors A2G and A2A online with it.

@GazAce

This is probably the answer to your practice mission question.

Yes based on user feedback we removed the practice missions from the campaign structure. They are still provided with the campaign and you can play them through the Missions Menu.

They are located here:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C AAT

Also, keep in mind that ED's only involvement with this campaign is that they allow it to be sold in their e-shop. Nobody employed by ED had any part in the creation, or maintenance, of the product.

EDIT: Here is the relevant forum section for this campaign.

DLC Campaigns » Maple Flag » A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Campaign

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok I'll calmy and quietly say one last thing concerning this as I don't want to be labelled "obtuse" or defined as having the wrong "mind set". Firstly thankyou very much cichlidfan and FSKRipper for posting that info and links if I knew that prior I wouldn't have bothered. Man oh man free dl and here I am paying! geez, pays to look huh. Initially I was only really curious about the air to air refueling as that's something I haven't done yet so it seemed like a good idea as well as being something different from my usual Campaigns and for 10 bucks it wasn't going to break the bank even with my lousy exchange rate. It doesn't matter now, I bought it and that's that and hey I'll still give it a go but next time before I buy anything here I'll research it first. And I'll close by saying I still don't think it's entirely fair that it was publicly advertised as having those practice missions in the campaign when clearly that wasn't the case. Cheers, thankyou to all for helpful input. Case closed.

Edited by GazAce
Extra mentions

it's the practice missions that were advertised as being part of the Campaign I purchased that were not there

These are the training missions...they are just very high level ones because you are playing a training campaign for "advanced" pilots, not "basic" ones.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Training missions with practice missions?

These are the training missions...they are just very high level ones because you are playing a training campaign for "advanced" pilots, not "basic" ones.

Geez, so much for case closed now I really am confused.

Ok, this is the last point in the details of that Campaign that's advertised.. "Additionally 10 Practice Missions are included so you can perfect your Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) prior to taking the qualification check rides"

How come this is generating so much confliction when what's written is quite clear but actually not what's in the Campaign? Any way I'm over it, I'll suck it up (the $11.40) and just want to forget I mentioned it sad.gif

@GazAce

The practice missions are, apparently, installed but not within the campaign. I don't have that campaign so I can't look at them but the post I quoted from Sabre-TLA (the head of MapleFlag) indicates that they have been installed inside the campaign folder in the sim.

You should be open them by accessing the Mission menu and changing the path to the folder indicated in Sabre's post.

I apologize for the tone of my original post. I failed to properly parse your post and recognize the issue that you were having. Please have a look at what Sabre indicated as the home for the practice missions. If you still can't find them, please post in the Maple Flag section of the forum. Sabre is pretty good about making sure folks are happy with their purchases and I am sure he will take care of the issue if needed.

@GazAce

The practice missions are, apparently, installed but not within the campaign. I don't have that campaign so I can't look at them but the post I quoted from Sabre-TLA (the head of MapleFlag) indicates that they have been installed inside the campaign folder in the sim.

You should be open them by accessing the Mission menu and changing the path to the folder indicated in Sabre's post.

I apologize for the tone of my original post. I failed to properly parse your post and recognize the issue that you were having. Please have a look at what Sabre indicated as the home for the practice missions. If you still can't find them, please post in the Maple Flag section of the forum. Sabre is pretty good about making sure folks are happy with their purchases and I am sure he will take care of the issue if needed.

Thanks cichlidfan, I really appreciate that man and hey I publicly apologise if I seemed a bit harsh to anyone. Just cause I got steamed up, over nothing much really. Like what's the big deal anyway, I'll eventually learn to air refuel and do other things. Geez I shouldn't get so worked up about it and reflecting I really should've approached it more simply and calmly in the first place. And thank you I'll try and dig up those Sabre practice missions, they sound great but alas I'm having dramas when I try to download any user files here. When I do, up pops my uTorrent program as if I'm about to download a movie or something and I'm not sure how to get around it. I use Win 10 and usually I'm ok with that stuff and once I'm told or shown then I'm ok but until then I'm kinda in the dark. I remember way back I dloaded a file to change my SU-27 cockpit from Russian to English but back then I didn't have uTorrent installed. I know I must sound like a clutz but if anyone knows a quick way around this or any simple steps, I'm all ears. Cheers G :)

Yes, basic training first, then advanced. I'm on mission 2 advanced training after completing basic. Gaz, check sabre's post about a few known bugs in the basic training dlc that can catch you out, on the whole it's great and I learned a lot, there are a lot of ramp starts, and by the end you will know it off by heart ;)

The practice missions are part of the basic training line up, but not the advanced. The advanced practice missions are in your docs folder by default I think. BTW, if you do try to do the basic training, try the interactive start up & shut down missions, they are very good at teaching ramp starts etc. Also located in the doc folder think..

Edited by mastersetter

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Yes, basic training first, then advanced. I'm on mission 2 advanced training. Gaz, check sabre's post about a few known bugs in the basic training dlc that can catch you out, on the whole it's great and I learned a lot, there are a lot of ramp starts, and by the end you will know it off by heart ;)

Thanks mastersetter, I appreciate that. Hey Ramp starts I can do blindfolded as I wrote out the whole tutorial from the DCS A-10C training and practiced till I slept and ate Rampstarts. It's the practice missions that I was wanting from that campaign so I could get a headsup before I started and when you say your on mission 2 do you mean the actual mission or the practice one? I would be interested to know if anyone else got duped out of 10 missions. And as a support guy from ED said earlier to me "its a 20 mission structured file". Well I only got 10 and he gave a link to the Bugs and Faults or something forum that Sabre frequents to help folks with probs and tech questions. Well I left a post in there explaining what happened, so waiting to see. Whatever happens, happens but I think I'm stuck with this campaign the way it is, so be it.

Oh yea and this is what the Suport guy Scott Newnham from ED sent me as well.. a shot of the files including the practice ones.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/bitrix/tools/ticket_show_file.php?hash=def3c8d0bcd30e6a975270ebecdf58f9&action=download&lang=en

Edited by GazAce
Attachment

No they are there surely, they are not in the normal list as some folks didn't like having to complete the training op first, then the real test after. Yes, I'm on mission 2 a-a re fuelling at night & bad weather. I have run the practice mission twice then have taken 2 stabs at the real one, failed twice cue to my own silly mistakes (breaking the hard deck) etc

you need to navigate to:

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C AAT

using the file explorer inside the dcs program.

No they are there surely, they are not in the normal list as some folks didn't like having to complete the training op first, then the real test after. Yes, I'm on mission 2 a-a re fuelling at night & bad weather. I have run the practice mission twice then have taken 2 stabs at the real one, failed twice cue to my own silly mistakes (breaking the hard deck) etc

you need to navigate to:

Oh cool! Finally a little a glimmer of hope. Thanks heaps, That's great news and that's what cichlidfan meant too! man oh man! I'm at work on my iPad at the mo but home around midnight in about hmm 2 hrs or so, so when I get in I'll be definitely be trying that that but how do you start each mission and what determines how high or what is the hard deck? PS I wish I knew this earlier, would've saved so much time and weird grief and not to mention a plethora of posts and now I know they're were there all the time, makes me feel like a total dik haha, oh well just have to access them now :doh::book:

Edited by GazAce
Errors

Ok, what I did was check out recon stewarts videos on youtube, he did the whole thing, and has a lot of tips and extras for getting through this campaign. As for hard deck restrictions etc, the instructor lets you know during the flight so listen to him ;)

*ps* another a10c pilot on youtube that had great tips for passing some of the tricky ones was 'jetpilot' hes a real civil pilot with a lot of hours so his insight was very helpful..

Ok, what I did was check out recon stewarts videos on youtube, he did the whole thing, and has a lot of tips and extras for getting through this campaign. As for hard deck restrictions etc, the instructor lets you know during the flight so listen to him ;)

*ps* another a10c pilot on youtube that had great tips for passing some of the tricky ones was 'jetpilot' hes a real civil pilot with a lot of hours so his insight was very helpful..

That's awesome, thanks amigo. I've been watching a lot of Bunyap Sims, man they're great, he's tha bomb! So helped me complete a couple of campaigns. I'm addicted, just love story driven campaign missions, not long ago finished Stone Shield and Enemy Within , both were awesome but I felt Stone Shield was too short and now was thinking of getting Piercing Fury but it kinda seems the same and I'm still only a third way through Georgian Hammer and man that's mean haha it's a tuffy. And I've still got 16-2 Red Flag, Advanced AC TQ and also the Basic Flight Training Campaign so I've still got heaps to keep me occupied and I wanted to ask you is that Basic Flight Training Campaign the same as the Practice missions in tne Advanced training campaign or are they different missions? Oh yea and I receive a pretty cool newsletter called Mudspike, it's really good, you probably already know about it but in case not check it out, they have all related articles, reviews, previews and comments :-)

Edited by GazAce
Forgot something..

Thanks I will check out mudspike. The training ops are different yes, I did struggle initially with the basic training, because I really just was training using the dcs default missions, and these are much more detailed. I have not as yet tried any combat campaigns, but the ones you mentioned are on my list once I complete advanced training and maybe tactical too ;)

Found the files but.. eeesh

you need to navigate to:

Well I found the files and I'm looking at them right now but they all have this darn BitTorrent logo next to them and obviously it won't open like that so when I go to right click for an option I can go send to... or open with.. it also says choose another app (I use Win 10) I'm kinda stuck. How do you run these files with/in DCS? I think I need remote assist hahelpsmilie.gif

Update: Hey I just changed it from my BitTorrent to how I want it to open to DCS World setup but that's wrong too cause it's now asking ,me to install DCS World to my computer which doesn't make sense. Which app am I looking for to "open" this with?

Edited by GazAce
update

Sorry you are having trouble accessing the Practice Missions.

You can access the missions following the instructions in this post. This is for the BFT campaign but the instructions are the same for AAT and TTQ (when it's available).

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have further questions or issues and we will help you out.

Note that the current version of DCS World has an AI bug that is impacting the AAT missions. You can read about a workaround here.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates