The case of the missing practice missions

Hi all and I'm hoping I'm in the right place. Yesterday I purchased The Advanced Qualification Training Flight campaign here in DCS. I noticed on the advertised site it stated there were 10 training missions of Qualifications and also prior to undertaking these you could embark on 10 Practice missions for each of the Training missions, making a total of 20 missions. Well, I thought this looks good so I made my purchase and downloaded it but then when I came for my first mission there were no practice missions included as it started directly in the Air Refuelling Qual. I was pretty unhappy about this as this is not what I paid for and definitely not what was advertised. I left a comment in the main A-10C forum which kinda sparked off lots of comments and suggestions but none that really left me feeling reimbursed or satisfied about it all. And I got a bit hot under the collar about it too which was silly of me but I guess I was feeling misunderstood haha. Anyway I also sent off a email off to the support crew at ED and a fellow by the name of Scott Newnham checked it out and said yes it definitely is a 20 mission file structure and gave me a link to this room and to question the Design Developer about this so I'm hoping that this can be sorted out as I'm not really happy about not getting what I paid for. Hope you understand my dilema. Regards G

PS The Support guy Scott sent me a screen shot of the file showing the practice missions

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/bitrix/tools/ticket_show_file.php?hash=def3c8d0bcd30e6a975270ebecdf58f9&action=download&lang=en

Update, was just given instructions as to where the mysterious practice missions can be accessed. So please disregard the above post, so I'm thinking a solution is close by.

Thank you kindly. G

Edited by GazAce
Case closed

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Sorry for the confusion. In the BFT campaign we had the practice missions integrated into the campaign structure.

Feedback from users indicated they wanted to play the practice missions many times over before trying the qualification missions so we pulled them out for the advanced and tactical campaigns.

You play them by using the Mission menu but you need to point the folder structure at the campaign folder to see them as shown in this post.

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have any questions or other issues.

We recommend the BFT Campaign first but if you are not sure about it BeachAV8R has done an excellent walk thru of the campaign. You can read about it in this thread.

Also Recon Stewart has

of a previous version of the campaigns.
Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 4 months later...

I just bought and installed AFT campaign and also cannot find the practice missions. I went to Sabre's link about selecting the mission tab, then A-10C tab, but then I have no folder icon. Tried various drill down paths to try to find them but no joy.

I guess I'm in the minority as far as preferring the practice missions to be part of the campaign.. had no problem in BFT with that setup.

With ED removing the ability to traverse the directory tree from the Missions menu you can still access the practice missions (or individual campaign missions) by opening them in the Mission Editor.

The the other option is to copy them to your Saved Games mission folder then they will show up under the My Missions section of the Missions menu.

Copy from <your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\campaigns\A-10C AAT

to <your drive letter>:\Saved Games\DCS\Missions

I don't expect ED to reverse their decision so copying them might be the best method forward but you will have to recopy them if they get updated in a future release.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates