Much help needed getting into Normandy

donw43

I'm dying to fly in this space, but just can't seem to get into a cockpit.

Be gentle guys.. I'm not a regular user of DCS, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Normandy and the assets appear to be installed. So how do I go about making, starting a simple mission to just look around in.

But if you want to fly the plane or heli you need to select "player" as well otherwise you just watch the AI fly the aircraft.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Think I'm getting close guys.. where is this.. player.. select?

And thanks everyone for the help.. much appreciated

:helpsmilie:

Edit

Found the "Player" skill selection, but it is only available in a-10c, p51.. but not in spitfire. Shouldn't there be more aircraft available that allow player selection?

Edited by donw43

Think I'm getting close guys.. where is this.. player.. select?

And thanks everyone for the help.. much appreciated

:helpsmilie:

Edit

Found the "Player" skill selection, but it is only available in a-10c, p51.. but not in spitfire. Shouldn't there be more aircraft available that allow player selection?

Do you have bought the spitfire?

There the modules for buy: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8x 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz Turbo) | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon | 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 8GB MSI RTX2080Super GAMING X TRIO | 1000GB SAMSUNG 970-EVO Plus M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 | SSD 1000GB Crucial MX500 (560MB/s - 510MB/s) | TrackIR 5;

Modules: FC3, A10C, A10C II, Mig21Bis, F-16C Viper, FA-18C, JF-17 Thunder, L-39, CArms, Hawk, Aviojet C101, F-86 Sabre, Mig 15, Razbam M2KC, F-5E Tiger, Viggen, Spitfire, Mustang, Dora, BF-109, AV-8B Harrier, Persian Gulf, FA-18C, F-16 Viper, JF-17 Thunder, F-14B TomCattiCat, SuperCarrier, Nevada, Syria, Mariann-Island, South-Atlantic, Channel-Map, Normandy Map + WWII Assets Pack

em - you should read the description of what you bought :-)

you have to buy modules for flying seperate & additionally; of course there a some planes just for free in DCS

Edited by Popchar

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8x 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz Turbo) | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon | 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 8GB MSI RTX2080Super GAMING X TRIO | 1000GB SAMSUNG 970-EVO Plus M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 | SSD 1000GB Crucial MX500 (560MB/s - 510MB/s) | TrackIR 5;

Modules: FC3, A10C, A10C II, Mig21Bis, F-16C Viper, FA-18C, JF-17 Thunder, L-39, CArms, Hawk, Aviojet C101, F-86 Sabre, Mig 15, Razbam M2KC, F-5E Tiger, Viggen, Spitfire, Mustang, Dora, BF-109, AV-8B Harrier, Persian Gulf, FA-18C, F-16 Viper, JF-17 Thunder, F-14B TomCattiCat, SuperCarrier, Nevada, Syria, Mariann-Island, South-Atlantic, Channel-Map, Normandy Map + WWII Assets Pack

em - you should read the description of what you bought :-)

you have to buy modules for flying seperate & additionally; of course there a some planes just for free in DCS

Where do I find a detailed description of the asset pak?. All I have found for a description is.. "provides numerous World War II air, land and sea assets to populate the Normand and other DCS World maps"

Which led me to believe their were aircraft included?

Where do I find a detailed description of the asset pak?. All I have found for a description is.. "provides numerous World War II air, land and sea assets to populate the Normand and other DCS World maps"

Which led me to believe their were aircraft included?

MMM Well there is a B17 Bomber but mostly AA guns and tanks vehicles ships and such.

See here for the details

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yes there is aircraft included but not for flying with. Okay you are right, for a beginner this is a bit confusing. The Assets Pack only expands the standard capabilities that would be boring or not really WWII-like without the pack. With the pack you have more possibilities to expand your scenario. However, there are no flyable planes included. You have to buy them in eShop separately. Only the Mustang and the SU-25 is for free.

Edited by Popchar

Made it into a flight, thanks to all of you!

Added my Mustang into a bombing mission shared in this forum. Flew alongside a few B-17s once they got airborne. Very cool! Now just need to learn how to fire guns.