Warthog Stick Bad Stiction Problem

Madexi

Edit: Accidentally put this on wrong section...

Allright this is very bad. I tried regreasing but the biggest problem is this part:

HOTAS Warthog joystick disassembly step 9 of 10

It just refuses to move in those pins - it rubs them very badly and adds friction. I tried reinstalling the pins and turning the big piece 90-270 degrees but it's still very bad.

I have a temporary solution: I removed one pin so that it moves on 3 pins only, and it's better but not as stable as before. What do you think, should I use sandpaper to enlarge the hole so that it would move better.

Using EM-30L btw.

Edited by Madexi

I can't remember exactly as it has been a while, but the best mod I did to my WH stick was to have a spring above and below the main disc on each pole.

It relieved some of the pressure while still holding the disc central and removed a lot of the stiction. Can't remember specifics sorry - but just look at the mechanics of the main mechanism and what the central disc is actually trying to achieve and you will understand what I mean - hopefully.

I also cleaned and re-greased everything with a Tamiya ceramic grease (can't remember exact name sry).

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's the instructions for the mod

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1