Tree Shimmer?

Campbell

I had that the first time I flew with Deferred and HDR on but I turned it off because I'm using VR and haven't seen it since. Maybe it had something to do with one of those settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had that the first time I flew with Deferred and HDR on but I turned it off because I'm using VR and haven't seen it since. Maybe it had something to do with one of those settings.

Ok, thanks! I have Deferred off already but I haven't tried it without HDR. I will have to give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is what is working for me at the moment, I am still experimenting. I set up a mission with the Huey at Carpiquet and fly over Caen at the same speed and altatude, changing settings each time. At the moment I am getting 32 FPS over Caen, and about 60 FPS over the country side, and just a little bit of shimmering if I look for it, I can eliminate the shimmering, but frame rate dropps to about 17, and that's annoying. I tried Textures and Terrain on verious settings and they made no difference to FPS. What did make one of the biggest improvements was my monitor resolution. I changed it from the native of 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 and I got an extra 10 FPS, when I start a flight, I press Right Alt and Enter to go into full screen mode. So that is where I am up to at the moment. I am starting to play with Preload and Trees now to see what impact they have.

Hope this gives you somewhere to start. I like to set the settings low for good frame rate, then increase each one to find out how high I can go before the frame rates slow down too much.

1751655564_Nvidia1.thumb.jpg.90e61d26c554fe2567b1fb54bce8eb2d.jpg

487272690_Nvidia2.thumb.jpg.c1ca263ecd25bf26341ec4397a0ac0a8.jpg

1880233310_Nvidia3.thumb.jpg.a731549d269e1fc0df4e73548a6f7ec8.jpg

Options.thumb.jpg.5939c2cffc8ce62951e2012f30995bc4.jpg

This is what is working for me at the moment, I am still experimenting. I set up a mission with the Huey at Carpiquet and fly over Caen at the same speed and altatude, changing settings each time. At the moment I am getting 32 FPS over Caen, and about 60 FPS over the country side, and just a little bit of shimmering if I look for it, I can eliminate the shimmering, but frame rate dropps to about 17, and that's annoying. I tried Textures and Terrain on verious settings and they made no difference to FPS. What did make one of the biggest improvements was my monitor resolution. I changed it from the native of 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 and I got an extra 10 FPS, when I start a flight, I press Right Alt and Enter to go into full screen mode. So that is where I am up to at the moment. I am starting to play with Preload and Trees now to see what impact they have.

Hope this gives you somewhere to start. I like to set the settings low for good frame rate, then increase each one to find out how high I can go before the frame rates slow down too much.

Awesome!

I noticed your using no anisotropic settings either in Nvidia or the game settings. Any particular reason why? Also noticed you have HDR off, does having HDR off stop your shimmers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I replied, but I don't know where it went, I'll try again.

I don't have any reason why I set the settings the way the are, it's just what gives me the least amount of shimmers and the best frame rate, I just tried HDR on, and it made no visible difference to shimmers or frame rate so I've turned it back off. I also have the Nvidia GTX 970.

I replied, but I don't know where it went, I'll try again.

I don't have any reason why I set the settings the way the are, it's just what gives me the least amount of shimmers and the best frame rate, I just tried HDR on, and it made no visible difference to shimmers or frame rate so I've turned it back off. I also have the Nvidia GTX 970.

Cool thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tree Shimmer Here Too

I can also confirm strong tree shimmering on my end. I also have a GTX 970. I tried turning off HDR but it didn't make a difference. I get pretty decent performance otherwise currently (35-60 fps). Attached are my settings in game and Nvidia.

Screen_170531_202340.thumb.jpg.e3ba9acc0be72202e0b04911f21d1f3d.jpg

1041761112_graphics1.thumb.jpg.0e1e5d8df210b378b79549625d703ae8.jpg

345809668_graphics2.thumb.jpg.c38ef71f918e012c3a9b022c1f064fd1.jpg

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys just to save typing

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3155265&postcount=3

See if it helps:)

I assumed you meant turning the deferred shading off and back on. Gave it a shot but I still have tree and object shimmering. Also, I have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry yes I meant switch between the 2. I have to say I recently upgraded from a 970 and I used to get shimmering a lot with 1.5 and 2.0 only MSAA seemed to have an effect

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I get shimmering on my 970 (AA and AF off), but for some reason, not in overcast weather.

Same here, with enough clouds objects don't shimmer as bad. I would say its related to the new lighting system but I get shimmering trees, grass, and buildings with deferred shading off or on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]