1.5 updates

Gunny Highway

There will be, it's mentioned in today's newsletter. The assets pack support will be added to 1.5

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

1.5 will still be maintained until 2.5 takes over.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1.5 will still be maintained until 2.5 takes over.

This. It's still the official release version, and the only way to currently play on the Caucassus map. Even if it's coming out soontm Eagle Dynamics need to maintain it.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

We know that 2.5 will come after reworked Caucasus is ready, and that one was put a bit on hold lately with all the Normandy project. So the merge is most likely months rather than weeks away.

Although I'd like them to spend most of resources on improving 2.1 and preparing for the merge, it would be a bummer to have 1.5.6 without at least WWII asset pack and aircraft fixes for a couple of upcoming months, especially when 2.1 is a bit too rough around the edges to become the most popular version - for the time being at least. So roll on any updates for 1.5.x, I'm looking forward to these as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I think it may be a very long time before I delete my install of 1.5.

In a way, I hope it doesn't get updated too much, since it works pretty well atm. Of course, some of the newer "alpha/beta" modules need work, but DCS World 1.5 is ticking along nicely, whereas 2.1 is still in need of a lot of attention, and has done since 2.0 first came out, and no doubt once we get 2.5 (alpha) it will take an equal amount of time to perfect it. By that time of course, we will begin the whole cycle again, with new aircraft and more updates. The problem really is that with certain paid modules only working on 2.x, people expect to be able to use them, even though the whole thing is in Alpha. This has muddied the waters, and skewed peoples expectations a little I think. Remember the confusion caused when the Viggen was only available on the Beta release...