Countermeasures pod non-quick-release modes

Fishbreath

When flying with the countermeasures pod, the quick release works for me (the one with the switch on the throttle), but none of the fancier modes seem to. I.e., setting the pod mode selector to 3 and the KB release switch on the canopy to continuous neither releases chaff in external view, nor sets off the MOTVERK light on the right-side indicator panel. Is this expected behavior for now, or am I doing something wrong?

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

When flying with the countermeasures pod, the quick release works for me (the one with the switch on the throttle), but none of the fancier modes seem to. I.e., setting the pod mode selector to 3 and the KB release switch on the canopy to continuous neither releases chaff in external view, nor sets off the MOTVERK light on the right-side indicator panel. Is this expected behavior for now, or am I doing something wrong?

1. Are you using keys to control that switch on the canopy? Because it doesn't work with clicks. Only key-presses. I have one button to set the switch to KONT (continuous) and one to put the switch back into the neutral position (ceases all dispensing unless you're using quick release).

2. Are you making sure the streak selector (dial next to the countermeasure mode selector), is set to "0" instead of "4"?

1. Are you using keys to control that switch on the canopy? Because it doesn't work with clicks. Only key-presses. I have one button to set the switch to KONT (continuous) and one to put the switch back into the neutral position (ceases all dispensing unless you're using quick release).

2. Are you making sure the streak selector (dial next to the countermeasure mode selector), is set to "0" instead of "4"?

Aha, I've been trying to click it. I'll give it a try with keys and report back. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 1 month later...

So, if I'm reading this correctly, using the mouse to activate the countermeasure switch doesn't work? What if I map the key to my warthog, will that allow it to work properly?

I just purchased the Viggen two days ago, and I'm still learning this amazing aircraft, so I haven't had much use to play with the countermeasures yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, if I'm reading this correctly, using the mouse to activate the countermeasure switch doesn't work? What if I map the key to my warthog, will that allow it to work properly?

I just purchased the Viggen two days ago, and I'm still learning this amazing aircraft, so I haven't had much use to play with the countermeasures yet.

Yeah for the most part you are correct. More clearly it doesn't work if you click it, I don't think it works if you map it to your HOTAS, and I KNOW it works when you map it to a keyboard key. Also congrats. Its an incredible module :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for the most part you are correct. More clearly it doesn't work if you click it, I don't think it works if you map it to your HOTAS, and I KNOW it works when you map it to a keyboard key. Also congrats. Its an incredible module :)

Thanks for the response, I'm about to take a flight to test things out, I'll let you know for sure whether or not the HOTAS works.

And yeah, it's extremely incredible. I have almost every module, save for most choppers, ( I only have the Huey, and don't care to own any more unless an apache is ever developed. ) and this is my second favorite, only after the F-5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the response, I'm about to take a flight to test things out, I'll let you know for sure whether or not the HOTAS works.

And yeah, it's extremely incredible. I have almost every module, save for most choppers, ( I only have the Huey, and don't care to own any more unless an apache is ever developed. ) and this is my second favorite, only after the F-5.

Np, and thanks :)

Haha learn the databus and computer well, and you'll find its probably the most capable jet it DCS.